Lake Allatoona CORPS tracts(Permit Only)

For the first season I got a Corps permit for Lake Allatoona.
Now before I go any farther a lot of folks think I'm talking about the WMA.
I'm not.
I'm talking about the CORPS Permit for the Corps of Engineers tracts on Lake Allatoona.
I'm just wanting to meet up with some of the other 500 that got permits this season.
I've been doing some scouting the last month or so myself.
I have met a couple fellas, good guys.
So, if you don't mind a 50 year old guy that is a Christian and follows 100% of the rules hit me up and let's fill some tags.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I got a permit, live between Cartersville and Canton.

huntersluck

Good luck. I have heard people have issues with local anti hunter folk harassing hunters maybe you won't I lived in Bartow for most of my life but never hunted that area much.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I live near Corp land and can tell you it gets hammered. There’s hardly a wide shoulder spot that doesn’t have a vehicle parked in it early in the season. I still see an occasional deer out here but their not thick.

I live near Corp land and can tell you it gets hammered. There’s hardly a wide shoulder spot that doesn’t have a vehicle parked in it early in the season. I still see an occasional deer out here but their not thick.
What part are you near?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good luck. I have heard people have issues with local anti hunter folk harassing hunters maybe you won't I lived in Bartow for most of my life but never hunted that area much.
I've never had any issues with the anti group. I expect to have that with the Allatoona Creek folk though.

Rodonne1

My house backs up to the Big Oak tract (about 75 acres), I got a permit two years ago and never saw another hunter but I only hunted it a few times, spend most my time out at my lease. If you decide to hunt this section, shoot me a PM and we can swap contact info if you ever need a hand dragging one out. Best of luck to you and stay safe out there.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have had a permit for the last 3 years or so and it’s typically where I’ll be found. i have been to all of the tracts and I also hunt Allatoona WMA sometimes……prefer to go by boat when I hit the WMA. I haven’t had any luck yet in either spots, but that’s what are close to home and there are deer there. I’m just not that good at killing them.

My house backs up to the Big Oak tract (about 75 acres), I got a permit two years ago and never saw another hunter but I only hunted it a few times, spend most my time out at my lease. If you decide to hunt this section, shoot me a PM and we can swap contact info if you ever need a hand dragging one out. Best of luck to you and stay safe out there.
That's the area at the dead end rd near Holly Springs? I drove out there a few weeks ago. Seems like it might get pressure from local residents

I have had a permit for the last 3 years or so and it’s typically where I’ll be found. i have been to all of the tracts and I also hunt Allatoona WMA sometimes……prefer to go by boat when I hit the WMA. I haven’t had any luck yet in either spots, but that’s what are close to home and there are deer there. I’m just not that good at killing them.
Which areas are you thinking about? I'm by Clark Creek and Kellogg Creek. Yes, I have a boat and will be accessing some tracts that way too.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Sit still grasshopper. Don’t walk around 1st or when done. Simply leave. Come back sit down. There’s dee there.

Rodonne1

That's the area at the dead end rd near Holly Springs? I drove out there a few weeks ago. Seems like it might get pressure from local residents
It’s right off Lemon lane. Just remember, those residents have to have a Corp permit to hunt them if they wanted to, also most of those home are throwing corn out there for their “yard deer”, use that to your advantage and hunt near those homes, you’ll see the trails they use.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
It’s right off Lemon lane. Just remember, those residents have to have a Corp permit to hunt them if they wanted to, also most of those home are throwing corn out there for their “yard deer”, use that to your advantage and hunt near those homes, you’ll see the trails they use.
I’ve been there a few times and even put out a trail cam for a bit. Bartow tract is nice too with nice rubs. Macedonia is maybe my favorite. It is easily the prettiest one with a nice food plot. Problem with that one it is wedged between the WMA and gun hunters will cross through or hunt it with guns….knowingly or not. I was hunting it first time with an AR-15 and almost shot at a doe, but I did think I was on the WMA. Some nice gentlemen with crossbows explained where I was at…….I’ve had a permit ever since!

Which areas are you thinking about? I'm by Clark Creek and Kellogg Creek. Yes, I have a boat and will be accessing some tracts that way too.
I usually go to both. Clark creek usually has the most vehicles and gets hammered pretty good, but I’ve had chances there and seen a few deer killed there too. i Also like the one way out East in Woodstock I forgot the name, but it is a rectangle shape. Again, lots of pressure.
My days off and times to hunt are Tuesday and Wednesday so I miss the weekend traffic, but sometimes drive by a few places just to see how many vehicles are there.

Sit still grasshopper. Don’t walk around 1st or when done. Simply leave. Come back sit down. There’s dee there.
sit still? Me? Yeah right!