Chocolate Labs And Skin

JUSTO & BELLA

Do Chocolate Labs Have Skin Problems, Im Thinking About Getting One And Was Wondering. Ive Heard Some Have Skin Problems Such As Itching And Hair Loss.

jessicay

My Chocolates have some of the most beautiful coats on them. I have chocolate labs that I raise up and I have never had a skin problem before or hair loss. If you are looking to buy one you need to do your home work before you buy it and make sure the parents do not have any of those issues if you are worried about it.

Brushcreek

i have a 2 yr old chocolate female and she has one of the prettiest coats ive seen on a lab. has been like that since she was a pup. i agree with jessica, just check the parents if you are concerned

bassfishga

I have never had a problem with the hair or skin on my Chocolate Lab. Her hair tends to be more oily or moist than my Yellow Lab. Water just seems to roll off her back (duck dog). I am sure it depends more on the parents and dog than the color. I would ask about the parents skin and hair. Check out the parents when you go look at a pup.

JD

I had a chocolate lab female and she did develop skin problems and neither of the parents ever had any. Found out that it was the bed that we had bought had cedar shavings in it and she must have been allergic to them. Once we got rid of it they went away.