Dawgs

Jody Hawk

I for one ain't talking any trash after UGA's loss. With the exception of one we have some class Dawg fans on here. Ya'll have taken it easy on us here lately. Now as for the game, I think that UGA overlooked Tennessee. They just didn't have that spark that they had last week against LSU. Greene was off, that throw in the back of the end zone that was ruled out of bounds killed Georgia. I still thought that ya'll were gonna pull it out.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
We certainly did not look like a #3 team. Concrats to the Vols. :(

Hambone

We certainly didn't. I really don't think we even looked top 25 caliber today. Wow, what a difference a week makes. Congrats to the Vols though. They outplayed us and deserved the win. Frankly, I don't know how to feel about our team right now. ::huh:

Also, congrats to Tech. Good game against a good team!
:clap:

sr.corndog

Dawgs will probably fall to 5 in the standing! I bleed red and black! And I will have to hear rocky top all week at work! :flag:

jeffw

painful loss

I will give tennesse credit for the win but we came out and self destructing from the begining till the last five minutes. Simply put we beat ourselves and still have Florida and Auburn down the road.

To make things worse I stayed home to watch the game and my buddy asked to sit on my stand and arrows a really nice 11 pointer! I am proud of him but wish it was me!

j_seph

Yup

not a #3 team but UT sure looked like a #1 team :bounce:
I've been waiting 3 years for this :clap: :clap:

Goose

The officiating was terrible. I couldn't believe some of the (bad) calls made, including the no touchdown by R. Brown, and the 2 consecutive face masks to D. Greene. However, the Dawgs beat the Dawgs tonight; not Tennesse and not the officials. My bubble got popped, but I'm working on patching up the hole and blowing some more air into it.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Congrats to UT fans, we just could not get it together today. It's hard to have 2 conseutive high emotion games. We will bounce back. Keepin' our heads up high. Georgia is still a great team!!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! :flag: :flag: :flag:

tennesee won the national championship in 1998 with a 11-1 record who beat them ? we (the dawgs) did so im think if we win out and sum ppl lose we have a good chance tennesse was garbage they were takin pot shots at our players and gettin away with it sum one must have been payin under the table ooooo and how bout the waste of time when the official called reggie brown no touchadown when he dove and stretched across the line when his knees were in the air! bull donkey (i am dissapointed in marc richt he should have called time out rite when georgia stopped ut on 4th down instead of wastin 19 sec that could have meant the game!!)

ramblinrack

struttinsouthern said:
(i am dissapointed in marc richt he should have called time out rite when georgia stopped ut on 4th down instead of wastin 19 sec that could have meant the game!!)

i agree....he should be fired IMMEDIATELY....if not sooner, and that van gorder as well! i didn't get to see much of yalls game as i was watchin my boys but, from what little i did see it was a tough hard hitting game that could have gone either way down the stretch. yall dawgs don't get down too much....you still have the prospect of having an excellent season and going to a first class bowl.

NOW.......JUST FOR YOU MCG........

nah, i jest cain't do it....something about kickin' a feller when he is down has never agreed with me and while i thought i could make an exception in your case, i reckon i'll just leave you be.
:D

Dixie Dawg

Yeah, that no-touchdown call was definitely a killer... had to be frustrating to Green and the team both, but they really should have played a lot better the whole game.

That's ok though, they're still my boys and I know they can kick butt!! :)

GO DAWGS!!!

Kerri

ncman

I too agree the officiating was for ****. We had the Reggie Brown touchdown in the back of the endzone, the kickoff return, and the Reggie Brown extension running it in that resulted in zero points. We played terribly and still really should've won. That tells you the dawgs will bounce back. We just have to look foward and not back. By the way, I went to the game and give congrats to no Tenn. fan after the way they acted afterwards. Talk about some rude rednecks. A few almost got :whip:

EDITED FOR TYPING AROUND THE CENSOR

Jody Hawk

I think that call in the back of the endzone could have gone either way. Looked like his foot hit the line to me.

GrandSlamHunter

officiating?

One thing is for sure, the Dogs sure gave the Vols a lot of help. But Tennessee could have had a better game, too. Look at the turnovers and all the missed FG's. As for the Brown catch, he clearly stepped on the line. Want to blame someone, blame Greene for not throwing it sooner.

Go Vol's

GSH

Ga-Spur

We came out flat as a pancake and shot ourselves continually in the foot. It would have been a miracle had we won. The coaching staff was aware of the situation and tried unsuccessfully to enlighten the team. This is one of the best staffs in the country and we are so fortunate to have them. I feel they do need to get them excited mentally about playing on game day though.

leadoff

GONetwork Member
It is easy to blame the game on the officiating, but that is not the bottom line. Flags and calls are part of the game just like everything else. Bottom line is that the Dawgs didn't play like a #3 ranked team yesterday. Hats off to the Vols. They stepped it up a notch to beat the Dawgs. I guess it was just a matter of time with the inconsistency of UGA's offense this year. Man, I can't stand those ORANGE teams! :mad:

Oh yeah, congrats to the Techies on a big win yesterday!

j_seph

Waaa Waaa Waaa

Rocky Top will always be home, sweet home to me Good ole Rocky Top Rocky Top Tennesee.

GO VOLS :clap:

Buzz

Tough loss, but there is plenty of time for UGA to prove they still belong among the top few.

Today was a day that shows why I don't bet on games. I would have lost on LSU, GT, etc....

nimrod

struttinsouthern said:
tennesee won the national championship in 1998 with a 11-1 record who beat them ? we (the dawgs) did

TENNESSEE had a 13-0 record the year they won the national title in 1998.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
The officiating was horendous!

Georgia should have penalized way more than they were!

Our right tackle held on nearly every play & on the first play of the last drive he actually tackled UT's DE by the collar of his shoulder pads.

Reggie's foot was clearly on the line in the back of the end zone. It was not touchdown.

The holding call on the kick off return could have gone either way.

UT's defensive front line played an awsome game and UGA's O-line couldn't just didn't get the job done.

David Greene played a poor game, throw low line drives when his match up should have indicated lob fades.

I have said from the beginning that i don't like the idea of pulling or rotating QB's but that I'd support Coach Richt as long as he made it work.

Well, it didn't work. We went 3 & out & I think 7 & out with Greene, change to Shock & drove the field & scored. No way should he have gone right back to Greene. It broke the rhytem & broke our backs!

My seat for the game was in section 102, 4 seats, approx. 10' from the UT band right in the midst of a sea of orange. The Vol fans were not at all what I expected. While they were fanatical about their cheering, they did not attack the Dawg fans in their midst at all & in fact were very friendly.

I did have to strongly caution a Dawg fan setting in front of me. When we scored he actually began to taunt the UT fans. I took him by the shoulder & let him know that if he did behave I was going to thrash him.

All in all, you can't beat it! A day in Athens tailgating! Great food. Great drink. Great friends & Southern Fried Football!

Sure a win would have been nice but who knows---Maybe we can slip one past Vandy this week?!?!

Of course, we'll have to play better than we did on this past Saturday!

GO DAWGS!!!