Hello the camp

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Howdy !
I stumbled across this forum while try'n to find some maps of WMAs.
Read a little and found it most intresting, so I thought I'd throw my hat in and see if anyone kicked it out. LOL
My real name is Jerald, I live in Carrollton, Ga. As my hobbies go, I do like to hunt an fish. But my main hobby, is recreating 18th century history. French and Indian War period, 1750ish stuff. The groups I belong to, hunt and fish with period gear and clothing in a period manner. That would be sticks an strings, and rock locks, both smoothbore and rifled barrels. We pack back in with little or nothing and try an use what is there to feed on, (kinda makes yore hunt'n more serious, when you get hungry). We have a good time of it and enjoy the woods as they are. For me, it's just being able to get out, with my son, or some good folks and enjoy what the Creator has given us.
I hope I'm able to add to this forum, as much as I get out of it, it looks pretty good !
Jerald Eyer

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Welcome to The Campfire. :cool:

broadhead

Your post makes some of the debates on here about the definition of primitive hunting seem childish. It appears that you will have some interesting things to add to the camp fire conversation.
WELCOME!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Howdy Flintlock, from your hale I figgered you was one of us. From one Buckskinner to another, Welcome.

HMwolfpup

broadhead said:
Your post makes some of the debates on here about the definition of primitive hunting seem childish. It appears that you will have some interesting things to add to the camp fire conversation.
WELCOME!

aint that the truth

Welcome aboard fflintlock

LJay

Retired Mod
Pull you up a log and set down. Chew the fat with us a while.

H

HT2

F F.........

Glad you found us........

I hope you'll enjoy this place......

It's a great site and has great people........... :cool:

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
fflintlock said:
Howdy !
I stumbled across this forum while try'n to find some maps of WMAs.
Read a little and found it most intresting, so I thought I'd throw my hat in and see if anyone kicked it out. LOL
My real name is Jerald, I live in Carrollton, Ga. As my hobbies go, I do like to hunt an fish. But my main hobby, is recreating 18th century history. French and Indian War period, 1750ish stuff. The groups I belong to, hunt and fish with period gear and clothing in a period manner. That would be sticks an strings, and rock locks, both smoothbore and rifled barrels. We pack back in with little or nothing and try an use what is there to feed on, (kinda makes yore hunt'n more serious, when you get hungry). We have a good time of it and enjoy the woods as they are. For me, it's just being able to get out, with my son, or some good folks and enjoy what the Creator has given us.
I hope I'm able to add to this forum, as much as I get out of it, it looks pretty good !
Jerald Eyer
Sounds like to me Jerald is doing the real hunting with traditional equipment. Forget about the compounds and in-line muzzleloaders!!

Handgunner

Welcome aboard, Flintlock. Pull up a stump!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Flintlock, I sent you an e-mail.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
They's a bunch of friendly folk on here, that's fer sure !
I might just go ahead a build a nice little fire and stay awhile, coffee anyone ? LOL!!
I was doing a lot of historical re-inactments and living history demonstrations, kinda lost track of my woods run'n some. So I thought I'd just as well get back on the trail and try and remember what I loved best about this hobby, just be'n out in it and breath'n good air and even make'n a little meat in the process. Hope to run into some of ya'll out there. For now, I'll probably just hit the local woods, Paulding Forest for one. I got a buddy that lives up in Sommersville, I'll hit that neck of the woods now and again. If ya see some one dressed weird, sit'n round a fire, walk on in, we don't bite, right off any ways. heheheee
Jerald

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Scalps still make good trade goods though! Keep the coffee hot!

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Glad to have you