Stoeger Shotguns????

goodoleboy1012000

Does anyone use one and how do you like them. They seem to be so much like the Benelli that it seems that it should have the same name. Any input would be great.

- Jason

specialk

for the money they are hard to beat, i've shot a few but never owned one......

Wolfhound

Awesome gun! Can't beat the value and quality for the price.

blindhog

Well I would say look at the Spartan 453 that is distributed by Remington. I think you will get a better value.

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I bought the Stoeger Coach Gun (side by side in stainless) to use in SASS shoots. The break was a little stiff at first. I cleaned it really well after the first time I used it at a shoot, and the break loosened up just fine.

bossgobbler

I just bought an over/under in 20 Ga.--plan to use it this weekend- will let you know what I think of it.

gobblergitter

My son has a Model 2000. My wife has a M1
Benelli. The Stoeger shoots just as fast as the
Benelli. I'll tell you, I just can't see $600 worth of difference. Now we don't shoot doves twice a weekend and three evenings a week, either. I just don't know. I would not have a problem buying one.

Venator

I have a Stoeger side-by-side 12 gauge that I’ve shot for years now. I bought it to replace the Fox I have and that I didn’t want to get any further field damage for personal reasons. I didn’t pay a lot for the Stoeger and it was used. Someone had it tapped for screw in choke tubes. It isn’t the short coach gun, but a standard length gun and I just had the barrels dipped last year since I use it for dove and duck a lot. I also use it for quail and crow too. The quality isn’t there as in some of the other well know guns, but for someone that wants a tuff working class gun that shoots well it is hard to beat. I too own several other shotguns, three Remingtons, a Winchester, a NEF, a Stevens, and a Fox. For the most part they are all working class guns, but the Stoeger gets the most use year after year.

gabreamfanatic

i picked up one in perry the other day and not a bad feel to it. but man what a price for it. i could by at least 3 mossie in 20ga before i can get that one. just a ittle to steep in the price range for me.

short stop

ga.xbowhunter said:
i picked up one in perry the other day and not a bad feel to it. but man what a price for it. i could by at least 3 mossie in 20ga before i can get that one. just a ittle to steep in the price range for me.
????????????? STEEP :crazy: $400 for a new automaic 12 ga , camo and 5 chokes from the factory aint to steep brother ---I am going to Dicks in ATL and get me a Stoeger 2000 this weekend . Have heard nothing but good stuff about this gun myself ----shoots 2.75 -3 mags . I have heard you got to shoot a decent 2.75 load It wont dump those 12 ga cheapo loads that run $2.50 a box cheapos at Wally World. But then I havent owned an automatic yet that would --- -I dont think you can beat the price for a decent gun , seen pump guns that cost more .

Lumpkin Hunter

My Remington 11-87 will dump the cheap O shells just fine with out a problem. I haven't shot a Stoeger but I do own a Kahn 20 g O/U that I love to shoot. Let us know how you like the Stoeger.
Come on March 27, I can't go opening day:cry: .