Who's Ready for the REAL season

Hunter247

I know it is deer season, but after last year nothing really competes with Turkey hunting

Kevin Farr

I might go one time just for the heck of it if I don't have anything better to do this Spring.

hawglips

Banned
I haven't bothered to hunt deer yet this fall. I'm going tomorrow just to try out some TSS "buckshot."

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The fall "real" season opens the 13th. Thoroughly enjoy my rabbit dogs.

I'm eager for the spring "real" season!

Snood Collector

First time since I was 8 yrs old I will miss the first day of rifle season for deer..sacrificing for family and call business but it will all pan out to hopefully a 2011 spring season to remember. I chose to concentrate on calls and our newest addition to the family this fall. This is allowing me to carry over vacation as planned... come on spring!

Huntinfool

You got that right my friend. I like to hunt deer. But it's pretty much a time killer between March and March as far as I'm concerned.

silentK

dang....i thought this thread was going to be about fall turkey hunting....i mean it is the "REAL" season...

hoppie

I can't stop thinking about strategy on hunting my property while deer hunting. However, I will say I have the itch to kill a bruiser buck like never before, but it does not even come close to turkey hunting.

boparks

What's deer hunting? Seems like I've heard of it.

Actually if I had a good place I'd be after em but regardless it's ALL about turkey hunting for me now.

I'm always thinking about em and watching the calender

Driving by the gobbler down from my office everyday won't allow me to think of anything else

Slings and Arrows

Just like hunting giant squirrels; you see them flicking their tails and munching nuts - bam bam bam freezer is full. C'mon spring and the noble gobblers to rattle my nerves.

nhancedsvt

Banned
I enjoy deer hunting but would drop it in a heartbeat if they were to allow Fall turkey hunting

bnew17

i agree,,,i can not wait!!! deer hunting is like shooting fish in a barrel compared to turkey hunting! dont get any better!!!

Snood Collector

Spotted a Tom in full strut with 8 hens this morning...That didn't help keep my mind off the coming spring season...hearing more gobbling news around..this warm, wet, humid weather is scrambling their brains...

TheTurkeySlayer

Im a huge turkey hunter.. but i wouldnt really like it if GA had a fall turkey season. i think it would be kinda too easy. I call in hens and gobblers all the time in my stand just whistlin like a kee-kee run.

Im a huge turkey hunter.. but i wouldnt really like it if GA had a fall turkey season. i think it would be kinda too easy. I call in hens and gobblers all the time in my stand just whistlin like a kee-kee run.

Kinda too easy? Sitting on a stand and calling in turkeys that walk by is an opurtunistic approach. It's not nearly as easy as you think. A good fall hunter understands a turkey's vocabulary in much more depth than the spring only hunter.

Hobie

Fall turkey hunting is some of the best hunting there is.If you have never done it then you have no idea how much fun it can be.
You hear way more turkey talk in the fall
It is so enjoyable to spend time in the woods with a turkey dog breed for the fall hunt( this is my first year with my own turkey dog and it has been a great year so far)
Some old time hunter wont spring hunt due to saying it is too easy to call a love sick bird in