What?

I came to this forum seeking and earnestly asking some questions in response to any Christians who seem to have some understanding or enlightenment as to what it means to really be a Christian. However, my questions continue to get buried under the arguing of the trivial minutia and hair-splitting. So, I'll attempt to get some answers from a short series of "What?" questions that I think a lot of non-believers, and probably many, many believers would really like to hear some response and perhaps join in discussion concerning.

ilikembig

BJ

I see all your questions and I cant help but wonder, if you dont mind me asking; and forgive me if this has already been posted in another thread, but what are your views? Are you a believer in Jesus Christ? If you were to die today do you know you are going to live forever with the Lord?

ilikembig said:
BJ

I see all your questions and I cant help but wonder, if you dont mind me asking; and forgive me if this has already been posted in another thread, but what are your views? Are you a believer in Jesus Christ? If you were to die today do you know you are going to live forever with the Lord?
After reading a lot of the posts from self-professing "believers", I don't know for sure if I am a "Believer". I do think Jesus was the One God sent into the world to fulfill his prophesy, but I keep hearing things like, "If I don't fully understand, then I'm really not born again..." If I wear shorts to church, then I'm not spiritually mature." "If I'm not spiritually mature, then I just don't understand." What I'm hearing from the loudest portion of the Christian community seems as if there must be this "secret code", that, if cracked, I just may have a chance... But it leaves me feeling that somehow I've got to be smart enough, spiritual enough, or many other things enough before I can obtain it. I know all these words I'm asking about are a part of that code, and I hear Christians throwing them around freely all over the place. I would just think some of them would share what it all means to the questioning world standing outside their stained glass windows hoping to be seen and heard... But thank you ilikmbig for your concern though, it really means a lot...

ilikembig

BJ - If I may...

Your relationship with God is personal, it is so AWESOME to have questions, I don't believe you are questioning God but just trying to get a better understanding. This does not make you any less a Christian. It is so easy to doubt(satin is always working on us). Only God and Jesus know your heart. Read the word, it will NOT lead you wrong. If you have questions ask them, otherwise we never grow. I will pray for your strength in knowledge.

SBG

Yep. I remember ol' Billy. I had a few pm's with him back and forth. It was obvious that he was a guy that knew a whole lot more about the Bible than he would like folks to believe. He ain't been around in awhile.

packrat

yep

Yep. I remember ol' Billy. I had a few pm's with him back and forth. It was obvious that he was a guy that knew a whole lot more about the Bible than he would like folks to believe. He ain't been around in awhile.

I GOT THE SAME FEELING, KINDA FISHING FOR STUFF THAT HE'D ALREADY CAUGHT, BUT WHO AM I TO SAY. I SINCERELY HOPE HE GOT HIS SITUATION RESOLVED.

jneil

I understand Jesus a lot better than I understand Christians.