I'm back from ILLINOIS

BACK STRAP

I seen some good bucks while I was there.I killed a nice 9 point on saturday afternoon. I will try to post some photos real soon.

beginnersluck

did you meet

BACK STRAP said:
I seen some good bucks while I was there.I killed a nice 9 point on saturday afternoon. I will try to post some photos real soon.
Did you meet any GA boys from Gainesville while you were there? A buddy of mine was telling me of a guy he met from Colbert. Just wondering if it was you? BTW Congratulations on the deer! :)

pseshooter

Back Strap

Did you see any or hear any reports of Blu Tongue while you were there? I think that is what it is called. I had a friend come back and on the farm they were hunting they found several deer including a couple of good bucks dead.

BACK STRAP

I did not meet anyone from gainelsville while I was there. I did follow someone from Elberton through Kentucky and Tennessee. I did not hear about any blu tounge problems but there is a bad poaching problem in that state I will post more later

I went to pick up my photos at Wal-Mart saturday and none of them took. I had a disposable camara and all I can think of is the thing must have gotten wet. I did take some with my digital camara and I will try to post them in a couple of days.

Last edited:

BACK STRAP

Poaching In Illinois

I was in my stand tuesday afternoon when a man slipped down the fence row and went up a tree to a lock on stand. He was in the stand about 20 min when he seen me. He climed down and went out the way he came in. I told Bill what I seen when I got back to the house.I did not see him anymore untill gun season came in friday and he showed up around 4:00 pm and got in his stand and hunted till dark. I told Bill again friday night what had happened so the next day I had a two way raido and I called Bill when the man got in his stand. Bill walked in to the man's stand and told him to leave and not to come back.Sunday afternoon I went with Bill to take down the stand and we took it to the old barn where I seen about 6 stands and a old milk crate full of screw in steps. He told me that the past couple of years he has had alot of problems with bow hunting poachers.