How to make money with $3,000 investment

SKEETER2

I have seen on here threads talking about ways to save money, and have even tried a few of them. I would like to pick your brain a little, and see what some of you would do to make money with an investment of $3,000. Sure I could keep it in the bank, but living pay check to pay check I just need some extra cash. Thanks in advance.

coltday

I'm a college student who works, but don't make much money a week. I buy and sell to make my extra cash. It can be ANYTHING. C-list and the Marketplace on GON make this easy. I have bought boats, tractors, trailers, even a shaved ice concessions business and made money. Start going to local yard sales on saturday mornings, buy anything you see at a good deal that you can sell FAST. Fast is the key, if you have to sit on it for awhile it can get aggrevating. I always see alot of truck toolboxes and stuff like that for sale at yard sales. Buy them low, sell them and make you fifty bucks on c-list. Its a fun hobby of mine, and makes me good extra cash IMO.

westcobbdog

how about looking into tax liens? $$ is safe, can either be a decent or great payoff, depending if homeowner pays their tax bill.

FF-Emt Diver

If you don't already have an emergency fund worth 3-6 months of your living expense then I would recommend that you use it for that.

Having money put up somewhere can save you more than you can ever make if your are injured/laid off from work.

Just my.02.

garnede

If you have the hustle to drum up business then get a pressure washer and wash homes and driveways. $50 for a concrete drive 50' long. $100 for a small 1 story house. Get a pump sprayer and mix 10-1 water to bleach, spray 20-30 feet of the house and then rinse with the pressure washer. I would get one with 1200 psi min.

You could get started for under $1000 buying used. Once you get used to how long it will take try to make $100 per hour while working. That will average about 20-30 an hour after taxes, fuel, driving time, etc. Often you can drive into a neighborhood and pick a house that needs to be cleaned and walk up to the door and ask. Then while you are cleaning the first a neighbor will come up and ask for you to come to their house next.

Jim Baker

Staff member
I have seen on here threads talking about ways to save money, and have even tried a few of them. I would like to pick your brain a little, and see what some of you would do to make money with an investment of $3,000. Sure I could keep it in the bank, but living pay check to pay check I just need some extra cash. Thanks in advance.

Long term or short term.

Longterm buy some high yielding dividend stocks.
Not recommedation but MO is paying in the 6% plus range, KMP at 6.5% Many others3 to 4% dividend yeals. Plus you have the chance of appreciation. Even if the stock goes down the dividend yeild will go up.

Do some research. 3000 would get you 120 or shares of MO right now.