Investing | Stocks & Funds

Gaswamp

My son's an FA he advised me to buy some PepsiCo and said to buy 1000 into rivian

sinclair1

My son's an FA he advised me to buy some PepsiCo and said to buy 1000 into rivian

That’s good to hear he feels good about Rivian. I am in a position where a failure would sting a little. I just bought another round when it hit $10.

grouper throat

Thoughts on crypto? Frankly, I don't understand it, but like EV's, it seems to be coming at us whether we like it or not. I'm seeing it as an acceptable payment for more and more..

I think I'm going to throw some money at Coinbase, BTC and ETH.

I prefer ETH out of the two due to a better risk/reward ratio. BTC has really ran the show so far and altcoins have lagged behind but that should change soon.

sinclair1

I prefer ETH out of the two due to a better risk/reward ratio. BTC has really ran the show so far and altcoins have lagged behind but that should change soon.
I have a few ETH and wonder if the BTC actually does boom, if it will shift to ETH. All the BTC seems to be going into ETF funds. I have bought some ETF but still learning how they work in relation to bitcoin performance.
I know someone who is mining altcoins at his house. That mining game makes my head hurt, but he claims it will work long term. Currently it makes very little do to the coins he mines market.

Gaswamp

That’s good to hear he feels good about Rivian. I am in a position where a failure would sting a little. I just bought another round when it hit $10.
well Im a long term stock investor. However, after reading some of your posts about Rivian. I did a bit of research myself. Then, I told him (my son) to look at. He said to him its 50/50. they are carrying some considerable debt, but it could take off. His company doesn't recommend it, since they consider it speculative. Anyway most of the companies I invest in aren't going anywhere. This is my first somewhat speculative buy. We shall see

sinclair1

well Im a long term stock investor. However, after reading some of your posts about Rivian. I did a bit of research myself. Then, I told him (my son) to look at. He said to him its 50/50. they are carrying some considerable debt, but it could take off. His company doesn't recommend it, since they consider it speculative. Anyway most of the companies I invest in aren't going anywhere. This is my first somewhat speculative buy. We shall see
I think them getting access to Tesla chargers was huge. Only a few will survive and they are a front runner. I expect a tough patch until 26 and plenty of time to go bankrupt.
I think Apple would buy them if things went south. They want a EV and their last multi billion dollar try was a failure.

sinclair1

Here is some of the insane stuff I do. Fisker stock is tanking. Once In the $20’s and now two cents. Yep two Pennie’s and about to file bankruptcy.
I did so well on the yellow stock I am trying to push an order for 10 thousand shares thru.

gb1194

Regarding Fisker I read today they were pulling it off the exchange. Can you still purchase the stock and why would you if you could considering that they’re filing for bankruptcy? I’m just asking for my own clarification.

sinclair1

Regarding Fisker I read today they were pulling it off the exchange. Can you still purchase the stock and why would you if you could considering that they’re filing for bankruptcy? I’m just asking for my own clarification.
I bought Yellow over the counter for $1 and they filed. It’s $6.20 now. I sold and held some.
I am trying to buy Fisker OTC at .002 a share. It might be throwing a few hundred in the garbage to get 10,000 shares but if I can get it to a buck or even $6 on a 1 and a million buyout!

I still to this day have no idea why Yellow is still up. I held some for shear curiosity.

I also see the possibility that Nissan temporarily pulled out of the deal to buy them knowing they didn’t have the cash to keep going. Now they can get a bargain.

I do like a good dumpster fire.

Last edited:

gb1194

Very interesting strategy! I’ll risk a few hundred to make several thousand!! Might buy in to cover my cost basis…I should’ve sold a while back but hoped it would turn around…

ribber

I guess I'm hijacking here but I've been following this thread to try to learn a little more about this investment stuff.
If I move money between 401k investments, does the dollar amount stay the same, even though the price per share/number of shares are different?

For example: if I move $10,000 from S&P 500 (booming right now) to a stable return (money market) will it still be $10,000?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I guess I'm hijacking here but I've been following this thread to try to learn a little more about this investment stuff.
If I move money between 401k investments, does the dollar amount stay the same, even though the price per share/number of shares are different?

For example: if I move $10,000 from S&P 500 (booming right now) to a stable return (money market) will it still be $10,000?
Yes.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
When do you say "That's enough" and protect what you have?

My wife and I can maintain our relatively comfortable lifestyle for the rest of both of our lives with no risk. Not fancy, just comfortable.

When do you decide it's time to go safe and ride it out?

sinclair1

When do you say "That's enough" and protect what you have?

My wife and I can maintain our relatively comfortable lifestyle for the rest of both of our lives with no risk. Not fancy, just comfortable.

When do you decide it's time to go safe and ride it out?
The day we can maintain our lifestyle, it’s safe time. We could go now, but want a fresh roof, new appliances, patio and one more fancy car for the wife. Then we are done. I just bought my last truck. The goal is 62 and want all the expensive house items fresh and paid. Those surprise items hurt my retired parents and kept them poor.

sinclair1

Here is some of the insane stuff I do. Fisker stock is tanking. Once In the $20’s and now two cents. Yep two Pennie’s and about to file bankruptcy.
I did so well on the yellow stock I am trying to push an order for 10 thousand shares thru.
Keep an eye on this insanity trade. The heart showed some promise of beating. I am a top shareholder, everyone bailed lol

slow motion

Keep an eye on this insanity trade. The heart showed some promise of beating. I am a top shareholder, everyone bailed lol
Looking like you know some stuff. More than doubled. Good luck with it. Hope you make a mint.Screenshot_20240415-163938_Adblock Browser.jpg