looking for a custom skinning knife?

I'm looking for a good skinning knife I own Hunts deer processing and need something around 6-8 inch blade would like to see some pics thanks.

Anvil Head

You must be more specific in your needs and expectations.
"Skinning Knife" can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different folks.....knifemakers are no different in this respect.
Handle material, guard/guardless, length (only spec you have given), width, steel preference (stainless or hi-carb), hardness (determines sharpenability for most folks)....are the kind of things that will help with your request.
Blade geometry is also important: convex, hollow, flat grind; trailing point, spear point, drop point, etc.
For example a "buffalo skinner" is a lot different than one would want for general eastern whitetail. If you have a picture of what you like, it would help any/all us with responding.

I have a gallery over on www.georgiaknifemakersguild.com
All my blades are hand forged from hi-carbon steels. I do not do stainless. Several of the other makers here that do stock removal do use stainless. You won't get a bad knife from anyone here, but you do have a variety of option choices.
Please let me know if I can be of service.

MoblMec

I do hunter/skinner knives out of ats-34 or 440c.
I will rockwell between 58-61 your choice.
I realy like g-10 handle materal but will work what ever you want. Below is a pic of my hunter/skinner
The price is $150 with g-10 and kydex sheath.
Usualy 2-3 weeks wait.

Attachments

• DSC_4786.jpg
    DSC_4786.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC_4788.jpg
    DSC_4788.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 720
  • DSC_4791.jpg
    DSC_4791.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC_4792.jpg
    DSC_4792.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 561

John I. Shore

Here's one with a 4" blade, would be happy to work with you on a larger knife, take a look at my website, just got a new shop up and going. www.shorecustomknives.com I use stainless, tool, powder, and powder damascus exclusively.

Good luck with the search.

John I.

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 595

Jranger

I'm looking for a good skinning knife I own Hunts deer processing and need something around 6-8 inch blade would like to see some pics thanks.

For caping bucks or skinning doe? I've done tons of both over the years. Skinner at West GA for 4+ seasons. If you're caping mounts, something with a dull tip. I would actually dull mine intentionally to avoid nicks in the cape. If just skinning doe, snatch on em...:fine: