How do you carry your rangefinder

Inthegarge

I have noticed on several TV shows that some guys have a retractable strap for their Rangefinder. Anyone know who makes them and how good they work ?? Thinking of getting one so I have one less thing to worry about...

harryrichdawg

The guy is Kip (I think that's his name) on Red Arrow. I saw it again the other night. He had an arm band on his left arm with a retractor so that the RF stays on his upper arm out of the way of the bow string when not in use.

I asked about this a month or so ago and didn't get much response. I'd also love to have what he has for my Nikon 550.

trial&error

The retraction device I bought one from cabellas last year still in the package. No way to keep the lenses clean and I only use the rangefinder when I first sit down or after the shot. I have better glass when looking around.

RossVegas

I carry my binoculars and rf in my Backpack. When I get my blind setup, I unpack them and keep them on top of my pack so I can get to them easily. After unpacking, I scan the area with the rf and get some reference distances, so that when something comes into view I have a rough idea how far out it is. Once something is in view, I might pickup the rf and double check, if I feel like I've got the time to.

harryrichdawg

Hey Ross, I do the same thing, but I think it would be nice to be able to check again to refresh my memory. The way Kip had his mounted to his upper left arm, he could check a distance while standing with his bow up and with very little movement, ease the rf back into position, clip his release onto the string, and start his draw.

rjcruiser

Mine is around the neck when bowhunting...in the pack around my waist during gun hunting. That sounds pretty neat to have a retractable arm band.

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
Mine is around the neck when bowhunting...in the pack around my waist during gun hunting. That sounds pretty neat to have a retractable arm band.

this, I took the lanyard off a old deer call and put on mine, I tuck it in my shirt and it stays out of the way

Jasper

Google Range Snap.........best holder I've seen. Inexpensive and works great!