Electric cart

drmajor

Looking electric cart for hunting. You know, Bad Boy and etc.
However, I worry about the connections, batteries, and controllers around the swamps. We have a lot of water on property. Won't this short things out?

Suggestions?

rjcruiser

Research on buggies gone wild. I've never had issues...but I don't sink my cart either. I wouldn't go bad boy...never heard positive things about them.

T-N-T

I have 96 model EZgo 36 volt.
I lifted it 6 inches and put on 22 inch mud tires.
Awesome cart.
I have had water half way up the batteries multiple times. But NEVER on the electronics. Close sure, but close doesnt count.

My brake peddle has to be pulled back up from under neath now as the spring is rusty. I have replaces a hub because water leaked in and rusted the spines.
My cart is due for more work I know it. I just dont know what parts are going to give up this coming deer season.
I dont have much money in the cart compared to the "purpose" built ones though. 1100 for the cart 200 lift kit and 400 tires and wheels. Rattle can paint camo.
For me, the knowledge of sinking a machine NOT intended for water use meant save money and beat on an older cart.

Also, you would be Surprised what an electric cart with mud tire will do. Mud, water, and weight.
I have had 3 ~240 lb men, a doe and and a 1.5 year old buck go about a mile in the woods through water and mud on the way.
EZgo = a Beast

T-N-T

Also, I can go twice as far as my uncles 48 volt Bad Boy
We cant figure out why.

Robert28

I wanna say that Bad Boy was bought out by E-Z-Go a couple years ago. Might want to double check that though. To be honest with you, if you're going to be around a lot of water and strictly using this for hunting and property cruising, I would go buy a Polaris Ranger. I've had a lifted golf cart(gas) and now own a Ranger 570 and I use the Ranger 10x more than I ever did the golf cart. Granted, the Ranger isn't nearly as quiet as an electric cart, but if you're just puttering around it isn't really all that loud. I've snuck up on deer and turkey many times on my Ranger while just riding roads around my farm, so that told me it isn't terribly loud. Now, going wide open with your hair on fire is a different story! Really, though, for what you'll end up spending on a Bad Boy, you could get into a Ranger 570 for less money or even step up to a 900 for about the same price. You'll get way more use out of the Ranger too, trust me. I was the LAST person to jump on the "gotta have a UTV" bandwagon", but now I see what everyone was talking about.

T-N-T

A new 36 volt EZgo is rated for thirty something miles on asphalt...

I can go a good 10 on dirt with big tires and 2 men in mine.

rjcruiser

An rxv will have the longest battery life. But...not all batteries are created equal and way too many variables in what run time you'll get.

southernman13

We've got a couple rvv's they are incredible. I've never worried about running out of battery. As long as it's been charged that is. They go just about anywhere as well. Bad boy was bought by ezgo. I hear good things about them now. But man they cost more than a good used jeep. Crazy money imho. But it's your money spend it how you want. That's what they make em for!!