Has anybody made a pocket holster?

QuakerBoy

Im thinking i want a pocket holster for my S&W 642 to carry in my front pants pocket. Anybody make them?

10mmhunter

Pocket holster

Made one for a Glock 42 in .380

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 200

10mmhunter

Yes sir, and I traded a 642 in @ Franklin last Friday. If not for that I could have used mine as a mold.

muzzy17is

Quakerboy look on youtube at how to make holsters out of KYDEX. I was watching some of them the other day. Ought to be pretty simple.

QuakerBoy

Yes sir, and I traded a 642 in @ Franklin last Friday. If not for that I could have used mine as a mold.
facepalm: :D
Quakerboy look on youtube at how to make holsters out of KYDEX. I was watching some of them the other day. Ought to be pretty simple.

where does one get kydex? is it expensive?

QuakerBoy

I get all my stuff from knifekits.com

It cost a little to get started but the kydex itself is pretty inexpensive.

Im not looking to start a new hobby
Just want a holster ;)

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Out of curiosity how do you protect the gun when you put the wet leather or other product on it to make the holster?

carver

Out of curiosity how do you protect the gun when you put the wet leather or other product on it to make the holster?

I've seen people put them in a zip lock bag then put it in a vacuum sealer to vacuum the air out to make a tight fit

10mmhunter

A S&W 642 is aluminum and stainless so I wouldn't do anything to protect it finish if I were molding a holster.

QuakerBoy

A S&W 642 is aluminum and stainless so I wouldn't do anything to protect it finish if I were molding a holster.

Even a blued gun can be cleaned and oiled