Hey Fly Tying Fools!

Glenn

Sorry I know where not fools but I needed to get your attention:smash:

Thought I would remind everyone that this time of year is a great time to stock up on free tying material. All the new Christmas Decor is made out of some awesome stuff that we can use for wings, wing cases, ribbing, flash, etc...

I am looking at some die cut garling right now at work and it will be mine right after Christmas:cool: ....it has green, red,blue and silver that will work great.

So stock up when you can a recycle!

Dang, son, you done let the secret out.

I've been stocking up for years on the post Christmas sale of mylar tinsel (usually garlands) for tying jigs.

Stuff is like $2.00 an ounce through the catalogs, 50 cents a pound after Christmas.

Nate23

Mylar is good stuff. I have been using house hold items for flies for some time now. Chocolate lab hair and underfurr is great dubbing. Broom bristles from the indoor type brooms make great legs for terrestrials, especially ants. Buy a hand broom from the dollar store and you won't need any more legs for another 20 years.

Glenn

I figured most knew the secrets but just wanted to remind ya'll.

Ya'll should try the end hair on a Beagles tail for streamers:D

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
:bounce: I got a blonde Cocker Spaniel that I can make some killer Light Cahill patterns from.:)
Some of this new hi-tech gift wrapping material makes great flash type wing cases. I started keeping some of this a couple years ago. Good Post Glenn.