GON get-together - Rushville, Illinois / 5 November

Jim Boyd

Excellent Larry - that Friday is our travel day also.

The truck convoy heading north will be "on" that weekend.

I am already stoked!

bilgerat

Senior
Ill be part of the truck convoy headed north the first of November but will only be passin thru all that great huntin land on my way to my annual hunt in Ontario. Good luck to all on your midwest adventures:)

Jim Boyd

Bilge - maybe Rushville could be a stop and layover point for you ??

Jim Boyd

Amen, ASE.

We thought we were going up Labor Day to put up stands and cams, that got pushed back to mid September.

We will have almost two months worth of trail cam pics when we get there - so we will be about to bust!

Looks like we are gonna have a great group for the dinner.

When we get close we will get a head count and call so we can get some tables moved together.

Bring it on!!!

livetohunt

I was just in Rushville last weekend looking at some land and putting cameras out on my farm. It is a really bad drought up there right now...So hopefully they will get some rain up there soon before it really does harm to the crops. I saw a lot of deer in the evenings while riding around looking at bean fields.

flatsmaster

They are needing rain BAD ..... my farmer said he really needs some rain soon ...i wish i could send him some ... we have had plenty in Florida

Jim Boyd

Praying for rain...

....for the crops and to prevent another round of EHD.

flatsmaster

My farm has been getting some timely rain and 90 days till I'm sitting in a Illinois tree ... We will be in a tree Halloween afternoon wanting to deliver a treat to a Midwest beast ... I am beyond ready!!!!

kevincox

Do all you guys meeting in Rushville hunt Schuyler county? I will be in Pike. Guess it's too far a drive for me?

Jim Boyd

Mostly Schuyler but some other counties Kevin. Not sure where you are in Pike...I think northern - you might not be that far at all.

I am thinking Tim Shellnut will come and he is down in Macoupin. He came last year....

Love to meet you - and Ronnie (whom you know) will be there.

Chuck!! You will be ahead of us and we are counting on you to give us a LFTT during your hunt and then some great details as we eat.

It will be here before we know it......

Last edited:

flatsmaster

Kevin I'm in Fulton county .... It's only 1 night so even if it's a 45 minute or hour drive I'll be there ... Of course if one takes a dirt nap that night I might be late !!!! Jim we will be live and hopefully someone has deflated one .... Come on Nov !!!!

Jim Boyd

We will be counting on you, Chuck!

For the week leading up to our trip, we will be living vicariously through you and the LFTT team.

We will be rooting for you, brother!!!!!

NUTT

I'm planning on being there Mr. Jim! I will make the drive from Macoupin again just to be in some great company! Hope to meet some new folks and then watch some Midwest Beast take the shaft! Hope LivetoHunt(Dave) makes it up too. He will be in Schuyler County as well.

Jim Boyd

Tim

Dave said he and some of his partners will be there.

We should hear some great tales and have some high expectations!

Bout to bust.....

livetohunt

I just returned from another trip up to Rushville to do some work. Crops look better than I expected with the drought even though Schuyler county continues to miss most of the rain. Acorn crop looks good this year but maybe a little stunted due to the drought. Driving around in the evenings glassing I didn't see as many nice bucks as usual(probably just bad timing), and most of the deer were in alfalfa as opposed to beans. Looking forward to the Rushville get together.

Bucksport

I am headed up to Schuyler Co. tomorrow for the weekend for our annual summer setup trip. Will report back on area conditions. Will tell everyone at Deb and Di's yall said hello! :cheers:

Curtis-UGA

I just returned from another trip up to Rushville to do some work. Crops look better than I expected with the drought even though Schuyler county continues to miss most of the rain. Acorn crop looks good this year but maybe a little stunted due to the drought. Driving around in the evenings glassing I didn't see as many nice bucks as usual(probably just bad timing), and most of the deer were in alfalfa as opposed to beans. Looking forward to the Rushville get together.

Any in the Alfalfa on my lease?::;::ke: