GON get-together - Rushville, Illinois / 5 November

Jim Boyd

Hey Folks!

We are planning a get together for the souls that make the trek to west central Illinois each fall.

Right now, the tentative plan is to meet at Deb and Di's in Rushville on Saturday night, the 5th of November.

Depending on where everyone is coming in from, I would not mind if we moved it down to The Approach in Meredosia.

D&D is very family oriented with great food - The Approach is a little more $$ but they have excellent seafood.

Last year we had 3 GON members - Nutt, Sunday's Money and myself - along with Nutt's friend and my brother.

Looking to ramp it up this year and enjoy a meal, get to know new friends, share some TC photos and some tall tales - and just have a great time in general.

I will be arriving on the 4th or 5th, so I am going to be wound tight as a guitar string.

Join us if you can!

Respectfully -

Jim

olddawg89

Sounds like a plan to me, Asehunter& I and our sons would be glad to ! Don't like to wish away time, but we're ready to roll!

Gajbird

iowa

I live about 3 hrs NW of there...I may be able to come and meet up with yall and just get to spend some time with Ga boys.... Everybody makes fun of the way I talk up here:biggrin2:

DeepweR

I'll be in Vermont, not to far away, I'll have to see what I can do,

livetohunt

Deb and Di's and I'm in.. Several others from Georgia should tag along with me for the get together.

rstallings1979

Deb & Di's is about 1 hour 30 min north of our lease. Wish we could make it but after hanging stands and hunting hard all day I am sure we will be hunting the bed that night. If it were anywhere around Springfield we would be all in but Rushville is a little too far out of our reach. Although it sounds like a great plan for all the GON members.

Curtis-UGA

Sounds like a blast! We will just be getting into town that day but hopefully we can make it.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We will be swinging from trees across the line in MO on the 5th and then headed to KS on the 6th or 7th.

Gonna have to pass, but yall have fun!

Jim Boyd

Hey Folks –

Looks like Deb and Di’s is the place… OldDawg, pleasure chatting with you – looking forward to meeting you and your crew!

Flats – knew you would be there, I think this will be the end of your trip – really looking forward to some hero pics and tall tales!

ASE – glad to know that you and OldDawg will be together – I think with your young ones, that will be great.

Ga J Bird – the trip is long – would love to have you. Plus….. we are just dying to get to know folks that live in Iowa (hint, hint).

Deep Wee - Vermont is not THAT far… looks like Vermont is about 18-20 miles north – come join us! We had a farm just west of there last year and it had some whoppers on it.

Livetohunt – looking forward to finally meeting you and I am glad you will be bringing some of your partners along.

Randy - would love to have you....I know it is a long way.

Curtis - we will just be getting there also - I know we will all be about to bust (heck, I am already about to bust).

Jim, we will be following your exploits closely via LFTT. Sorry you cannot join in!

Thanks to everyone – as this grows, I will get us a headcount and call Deb and Di’s to make sure they are prepared for us.

Excited!

Jim

NUTT

Mr. Jim
We had a blast last year and timed it right with a huge rain storm that came through. If I remember correctly you smoked a giant the next day. It could happen twice! Hope to be there again somehow to hang out with yall!

Jim Boyd

Tim (Nutt) -

It won't be the same without you...counting on you to make it!

I needed some MoJo badly and you delivered last year.

It was the next day (I think) that Ronnie put his tag on a 10 pointer.

I did not get mine til the following week on the Wednesday before the SG season started.

Compared to the ones you have laid down, both of ours were little bitty guys.

Hope you make it - congrats on the 4 nice gobblers your crew took this week up in Illinois!

You are the man.

Jim

Jim Boyd

Kevin - I fear you are going to be over in Indiana chasing after some whoppers....

Love to have you in the area and at dinner with us - start looking for a spot to hunt!!!

NUTT

You are correct Mr. Jim about passing the mojo! You were the recipient because I was there shotgun week last year. We met on Tuesday and you tagged out on Wednesday and I went home with a tag sandwich as usual. Since my trip to Iowa didn't make this year I might be there earlier to bowhunt and then come back for shotgun. Hope I can talk Rstallings into riding up because we share leases in the same county. Thanks for all the motivation through the year!

kevincox

Kevin - I fear you are going to be over in Indiana chasing after some whoppers....

Love to have you in the area and at dinner with us - start looking for a spot to hunt!!!

Saw a decent looking farm in Morgan county for lease. I don't know much about the county but it is Illinois. LoL

Jim Boyd

Morgan county

Kevin,

I think a farm in Morgan County could be an excellent option.

I tried to get a farm in the northwestern portion of that county a few years ago and was unsuccessful.

As you can see, the county is nestled among some other very good counties!

I have access to a small farm in Scott county and while I have yet to get my arrow into any of them, there are some true giants there.

Good luck if you look into it.

Jim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 881

kevincox

Yea, its in a good area for sure. I just didn't like the fact there wasn't any row crops on the tract. Had some nice funnels though

Sundays Money

Jim
I'll be there this year also
I should be getting up there on 4 Nov for a couple of weeks of chasing some gaints.
I'll keep in touch I will be up for Labor Day also if you need a hand

Latest posts