2017 Turkey Smack Talk

Bubba_1122

Heard a story of a dead turkey yesterday.

Seems that a group of birds came out on the playground of a local elementary school. Kids and teachers came out for recess and were shooing the group of turkeys away.

When they flew off a big ol gobbler flew into a tree limb, rendering him DRT.

Nice longbeard. Graveyard dead. :cry:

You can't make this stuff up. :banginghe

Bubba_1122

Y'all reckon there's folks in here that when the season's started, if they were walking through the woods n bumped up a turkey that flew off into a tree and kilt hisself would enter him into the Challenge?

What y'all think?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Maybe I'll shoot at one and if I miss it will break its neck getting away. :)

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Maybe I'll shoot at one and if I miss it will break its neck getting away. :)

Bullet spent + Broken neck = Your gobbler.........isn't that what were doing....one way or anutha!!!!

sea trout

Yeah I know.....sometimes I have a spiked pitfall under my corn feeder too!!! I have to lift and discard the pigs, crows, squirrels, humans and 8 pointers to get to the gobblers

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Turkey hawk

Took my hawk out this morning and looks like I may have my limit before lunch opening day , just got to figure out how to teach him to look at beard and Spurs , got 2 this morning in 15 min but both jakes

Attachments

• IMG_3921.PNG
    IMG_3921.PNG
    927.7 KB · Views: 52

sea trout

Man that's sooo cool!!!!!!
It'll be even more cool if I'm on your team!!!!
If not....it'll be the Hawk vs the Pitfall!!!!!

antharper

Staff member
Yeah I'm just cutting up about turkey's , it's a friend of mines bird , we took it squirrel hunting this morning and that was awesome , my daughter wants one lol

antharper

Staff member
My daughter

This was so much fun , if u ever get a chance, try it ! Something to do til turkey season ! I'm gonna put a video in the small game section , but it's kinda graphic if you're a squirrel lover

Attachments

• IMG_3923.PNG
    IMG_3923.PNG
    888.6 KB · Views: 48

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Y'all reckon there's folks in here that when the season's started, if they were walking through the woods n bumped up a turkey that flew off into a tree and kilt hisself would enter him into the Challenge?

What y'all think?

Just don't question my killing techniques.A dead bird is a dead bird.:biggrin2: