2017 Turkey Smack Talk

armyvet4583

Thanks for the warning, and good smack talk, but I would of left off the part about only killed 3 , just saying!!! Oh and good luck !

Oh I could have killed more than that. However for certain reasons I didn't shoot. I can usually call one to the gun. This yr I'm goin to have to kill them all.

Johnny 71

Junebug
Today is the day, somebody better count the players, it's over twenty , kmac won't be able to count that high

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
There are 61 signed up so far.Need 2 more players and we will have 21 teams.:banana::banana:

Johnny 71

Junebug
Well they have till midnight on the forum clock, we might get 2 more

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
If not can put the extra person on kmacs team seems as if he might need another team mate ::ke:

Heck you can put Kmac by himself on a team.He's gonna end up with 7 dead birds anyway.Straight up South GA killer right there.:deadhorse::shoot::shoot:

hoppie

We lowered the limit to 1 in my club, so I am little unsure about how many I will be able to get this year. Have to search other grounds a little more. Probably do a good bit of calling for others, but if yall are still short 1 at deadline let me know. I may get in.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Did y'all count my entry?

I have a shotgun and some shells. And a pair of camo pants......I have 2 pair but one don't fit anymore. With all those items someone must gonna be happy to have me on their team!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I won't be able to hunt much this year. I may handicap a team. I'll try my best. Got 6 or 7 turkey loads. Multi colored shells. Lost my face mask. Going to use moss this year. Only camo pants I got are shorts but my snake boots hide most of the white legs. Found a shirt that may work. It looks like Leopard spotted. I think with some Christmas tree limbs tied on it. It will blend.
Anyway I'm going to give it my best.

Bubba_1122

I'm concerned about the season too.

Was gathering up my gear earlier tonite and my Smokey Baby gray decoy has done sprung a leak. Leans way over to the side up on that stick. Doesn't look near as realistic as it used to. In fact looks like a little miniature elephant on a stick. Thinking a piece of gray duct tape might patch it up just enough to hold air and to make it through the season.

Paint also ain't as good as it used to be. Had to go to the Home Depot and get em to mix me up some Behr exterior enamel in pewter gray. Think I"m gonna have to add a little white paint to lighten it up so can have it just exactly the same color as a real live smoky gray phase turkey like we see in the turkey woods. Got a roller and gonna freshen that paint up tomorrow.

Then I'll be about ready for the opener. :cool:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My b noble has no tail. I think someone took it to fan turkeys with.
I'm still going to use it.

Bubba_1122

Oh, and I also got a new trumpet call last week. Had never even seen one before, but figured having one would be old school cool. Have been watching Youtube videos to learn how to use it. I think I might have a natural aptitude with it.

I sorta think this thing is a multi-purpose call. Sometimes it sounds a little like a turkey and sometimes it sounds like a crow. I can't really control when it sounds like which, so I'm just figuring when it decides to sound like a crow it'll be a locater call and when it sounds like a turkey it can be a turkey call.

Very excited about having it and can't wait to use it opening day.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
After reading some of the types of strikers on different surfaces. I'm not sure I'm a turkey hunter. I just use a box and a mouth call.

Bubba_1122

Everyone needs a striker or two (even with mouth and box calls).

Figuring out where you dropped em always gives you something to do while you're waiting on ol long beard. I spend a lot of time looking for dropped strikers around my sitting spots.

I often stick em down the tops of my snake boots. Just a good place to store em when you're sitting n waiting. Will spend hours looking for them and usually find em down in the bottom when I get home. They don't smell too good, but they still make some interesting sounds.

Keeping up with a few strikers is good entertainment out in the turkey woods.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Glad to hear y'all are fixing your decoys too!
All the paint wore off my plastic hen decoy. I got some paint last year and repainted her. I painted a surprised look on her this time. It's much more realistic now.

If anyone ever hunts the same woods I've hunted you should find all the strikers you'll ever need.