What are the chances?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
UGA beats the Gators and it comes down to the Kirby vs Saban show for the SEC Championship?

I said when Kirby was hired that he would be contending for the SEC his second year and the NC his third year. So far he hasn't disappointed me in that prediction.

UGA would lose this SEC matchup of course, but dang it would be fun to watch. Probably would be a better game than the NC later on.

hayseed_theology

Right now, it looks like that's the most probable outcome. I've read more than a few "experts" that say it's Alabama, then Georgia, and then some distance to everybody else. I feel pretty comfortable buying the Bama hype, but UGA still has a lot of football left to play before we start planning a trip to Atlanta.

Matthew6

Banned thug
might be the nc. but the dogs will stay home and it wont be close like 2012. bamas 2nd o is better than what the dogs have.:pop::pop::pop:

bullgator

What are the chances?.......very high.

Two things need to happen to keep UGA out of the SECCG.
1-they lose focus and get tripped up in a game they should win, such as Kentucky.

2- my Gators make massive improvements before we meet Georgia and find a way to win that game, which by itself doesn't mean Georgia loses the east.

HunterJoe24

We'll find out this weekend if Kirby is the real deal. Under Richt, I would most certainly consider this game coming up a loss. He always underperformed after big wins. So after this week we'll know if Kirby is the real deal. I've always thought the was and hopefully he proves us right

cam88

Hold on the championship talk were only 4 weeks into the season, there is a lot of football left to play.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Hold on the championship talk were only 4 weeks into the season, there is a lot of football left to play.

Yep. We got to get past the Vols the Barn, South Cakalakey and the Gators. Vandy, Mizzou and Kaintuck may not be the walk overs some think they will be.

So far we look pretty stout and we're getting better each week. Further, affiant sayeth not.

MudDucker

Staff member
Looking good for that show down!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
What are the chances?.......very high.

Two things need to happen to keep UGA out of the SECCG.
1-they lose focus and get tripped up in a game they should win, such as Kentucky.

2- my Gators make massive improvements before we meet Georgia and find a way to win that game, which by itself doesn't mean Georgia loses the east.

You're probably more right than most. We have a habit of getting tripped up by teams we should beat and then comes the world's largest outdoor cocktail party in Jax. I'm hoping CKS has broken the losing focus thing. The cocktail party? It's usually a toss up.

Matthew6

Banned thug
You're probably more right than most. We have a habit of getting tripped up by teams we should beat and then comes the world's largest outdoor cocktail party in Jax. I'm hoping CKS has broken the losing focus thing. The cocktail party? It's usually a toss up.

usually the gators win. :bounce:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
NThe chances just got a lot greater. Instead of the gators being a road block for this matchup it is looking like Auburn is coming around. That being said I don't believe Auburn has faced defenses the caliber of Bama or UGA yet either.

If this Bama / UGA SECCG happens it will be the game of the year, eclipsing any NC matchup they could put together.

Also keep in mind. It is possible for either team to lose the SECCG and still make the final 4. Slim but possible.

MCBUCK

I think the committee would only take one SEC team.
But pump the brakes some! Too much ball left! Dawgs do catch a break over the next few weeks; Vandy, Mizzou and bye. But Gators, Tech, Kentucky, and Auburn all pose challenges. One game at a time....beat Vandy.

Bob Wallace

Georgia looks better than they have in years but don't rule out the final score from the Largest cocktail party just yet. FL has a way of ruining GA's hopes.

bullgator

Also keep in mind. It is possible for either team to lose the SECCG and still make the final 4. Slim but possible.

Just ask the big10 where you don't even have to make it to the conference championship. Just head directly to the playoffs. :bounce:

Concerning the original question of UGA and winning the SECe, I think yesterday definitely put them in the drivers seat. They'll be favored in every east game they play and only losing focus will untracked them.

brownceluse

Georgia looks better than they have in years but don't rule out the final score from the Largest cocktail party just yet. FL has a way of ruining GA's hopes.

Yep, as has UT etc. One game at a time. I also know we are going to need to be able to throw the ball. Fromm's passing yesterday was not good at all. He was lost for the first two quarters. The game was too fast for him as far as passing. His heart and legs were in the game though.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Yep, as has UT etc. One game at a time. I also know we are going to need to be able to throw the ball. Fromm's passing yesterday was not good at all. He was lost for the first two quarters. The game was too fast for him as far as passing. His heart and legs were in the game though.

You old dawgs MUST get over this passing percentage stat, and how it really has no bearing on the game.

Ground n Pound running games with a mobile quarterback and the most important stat of all; NO TURNOVERS, is what makes a winning combination, not passing completion percentages. In this offensive setup and 50% completion rate is perfectly acceptable.

Jalen Hurts only had a 63% completion rate against Ol Miss. Fromm had a 48% completion rate (rounded up) the results from both teams was the same.

What you should be concerned about, at least for this season, is your depth chart. Who is Fromm's replacement should he have to leave the game? If it is Eason UGA is screwed. If there is a third string recruit with talent plus then there is hope. For this reason alone is why I have always stated that Kirby's third season will be his NC bid with validity. All Richt recruits that are left at UGA will be fully on board with "the process" Kirby will have his own recruits filling slots and he will have depth to compliment his talent plus plus style of coaching he is used to.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
It is way to early, to be thinking about an SECCG. Yes we looked the last couple of week, but I think we are realizing the UT nor Miss ST, are very good teams. Vandy beat us in Athens last year. That is the only thing this team should be thinking about.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It is way to early, to be thinking about an SECCG. Yes we looked the last couple of week, but I think we are realizing the UT nor Miss ST, are very good teams. Vandy beat us in Athens last year. That is the only thing this team should be thinking about.

After the curb stomping we gave the Vols yesterday I'm walking beside the bandwagon thinking about climbing on board.

This team continues to improve every week and you can see they are beginning to accept the fact they are winners and they play that way. The two big challenges for them are UF and Auburn.

The offense still needs to work on consistency but they are already playing above the level most people expected them to achieve this year. The defense is on fire and playing lights out football.

Every week the odds of us being in the SECCG get stronger and stronger. Bama fans better not take that one for granted.