Never say Goodbye Driveler #242.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
:cool: I so wanna do an ice tree like my Daddy did for us growing up, but J is worried it'll overwork the well........ :(

Yes mam, used to do them all the time for my kids. It really doesn't take that much water if you can get a really good mist to apply.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Bless ya'll's hearts........ you both are missing out!! Pick out a tree/bush/shrub, get a good mist with your sprayer and let it go.......... in the morning you'll have a winter wonderland!:cheers:

You can actually do it to susceptible plants to keep them from freezing also. Roses, along with many fruit trees. The large fruit farms do it for late Winter/early Spring buds in order to keep the buds from freezing in dry frigid wind just like we are going to get overnight tonight. The thin layer of ice actually insulates them from the low chill factors and wind, which has a burning effect on the buds.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I'm ready for it as far as water spigots, I believe. It remains to be seen how low the chill factor will go.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Bless ya'll's hearts........ you both are missing out!! Pick out a tree/bush/shrub, get a good mist with your sprayer and let it go.......... in the morning you'll have a winter wonderland!:cheers:

Sorry, not a big fan of ice. :banginghe Still got widow makers from the last ice storm.:(
Unless it's in my EW&DC. :banana:

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
You can actually do it to susceptible plants to keep them from freezing also. Roses, along with many fruit trees. The large fruit farms do it for late Winter/early Spring buds in order to keep the buds from freezing in dry frigid wind just like we are going to get overnight tonight. The thin layer of ice actually insulates them from the low chill factors and wind, which has a burning effect on the buds.
:cheers: YEP!
Sorry, not a big fan of ice. :banginghe Still got widow makers from the last ice storm.:(
But it's soooooo purty!!:bounce:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

Ummm, it's usually done on only lower height shrubbery and small trees. And, you don't cover it to the point of breaking limbs. It's a light coverage.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Im kidding....

Oh :bounce:

Bout broke my neck and did throw my back out walking down the cement and brick steps here several yrs back. They just looked wet, couldn't even tell it was a very thin layer of ice. :banginghe

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
cat walks will be slick tonight and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.