Whats in your vest?!?!?

hawglips

Banned
was it a standard edition Bruce Wurth? I like to dabble around the house with the southland can. Actually, a pretty good call.

No, it was one of the cheap ones. I could get a good sound from it about 1/3 the time, and never did get up the nerve to try to blow on it in front of a turkey.

mauser64

I've gone light and fast over the last few years. 1 box, 1 slate, a few diaphrams my gloves and mask. And I don't use a vest anymore, just a small fanny pack. I got tired of dragging all that stuff around the woods.

A box call made by MR Mike dugger
about 10 mouth calls
Two al holbert pot calls
a home made owl hooter
a crow call
4 strikers
thermacell
sometimes a decoy
facemask and gloves
two extra shells
home made wingbone
sometimes a HS throw up blind
multilool

boparks

I like to be fairly light but I like a vest and to be comfottable

2 box calls
glass and slate call
2-3 strikers
crow call
owl hooter
limb clippers
extra mask
extra gloves
tp

When in Montana or Texas
GPS
Binocs
High pitched / loud boxes and crystal only
water
trail mix

RPolk

Like most I have collected a bazillon pieces of Turkey attracting stuff. But over the past several years I've boiled it down to the following:

RSR Slate over Glass
Lynch's Foolproof Box
Single Reed
Split Double Reed
Crow Call
Owl Hooter
Decoy

I also gave up the shotgun, and chase them with my Longbow. There's medication for that but, the voices help me find birds!

moose_200828

primos power crystal primos slat primos glass pot 11 diffrent mouth call knightnhale box call primos box cutter the owl call crow call 5 different strikers 1 good compass a few dranks and decoys goodluc everyone

outdoorgirl

Without dragging everything out I'll try to recall whats in my vest...

Head net/face mask
Gloves
Crow call
Owl call
Gobbler tube
Sweet hen slate
Ol' Yeller slate
Lynch fool proof box call
My fav strikers
extra shells
couple decoys
a diaphram that I dont know how to use LOL

I think that about covers it.

WaddleWhacker

you think this is enough?...there will most likely be a few more pot call's in there come opening day and i'll run every call till i find what a tom wants to hear if they have lock jaw

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 397

Pats fan in GA

Irving whitt box
scotts cutter
Darrin Dawkins aluminum
Cane creek slate
Andy Kaiser aluminum
legacy mouth call
gibson crow
ron clough super owl hooter
hs gobble call
thermacell
TP

most important thing in that mans pack:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gaswamp

the good ole days

deast1988

DayBreak Ceramic, Aluminum, slate pots
Clint Corder Osage Crystal
Tom Teaser box
Harrison Osage hoot n stick
Walnut Haint gobble
4 different DayBreak strikers
Gloves X2
Face mask x2
5 tss#9 3 will go into gun once at property.
Misfire Osage Trumpet
Pocket knife it's cheap Gerber incase I need it.
Tom Teaser crow call.
5 mouth calls Tom Teasers
Chalk/sandpaper/scotch pad
Thermocell
One refill for thermocell fuel/pad

Gut_Pile

the good ole days

You aren't kidding. I lived for the forum back then. Lots of knowledge gone (some voluntarily, some not).

My vest is rather light these days. 1 box call, 1 trumpet, 2 mouth calls.

Thermocell, water, and wet wipes (TP is for the birds)

SC Hunter

You aren't kidding. I lived for the forum back then. Lots of knowledge gone (some voluntarily, some not).

Your exactly right! When the forum was the thing I looked forward to looking at every evening.

I dont Even use a vest anymore, my “fanny pack” has a few mouth calls, a box call, a slate and a thermacell. Less is more.

DRBugman85

Went to the Tom Teaser ,Lynch box call,Mountainside Glass /Slate,3 Strikers ,4 mouth calls and a water bottle. Room for gloves, 2 face mask,shells,crow call and hang thermacell on the side. FAT BOY cushion home made straps. Same thing year after year.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Lynch Fool Proof or a Pat Strawser box. Once in awhile a Doug Camp, Lynch Jet Slate, some Primos slate with two different strikers, a mouth call or two.

ThermaCell with a spare pad and butane, bottle of water, compass, gloves, headnet, 2 extra shotgun shells, TP

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
the good ole days

Your exactly right! When the forum was the thing I looked forward to looking at every evening.

I dont Even use a vest anymore, my “fanny pack” has a few mouth calls, a box call, a slate and a thermacell. Less is more.

Definitely the "good ole days" and definitely a lot of good people missing these days. I really wish the ones in power would set up an appeal process for the ban. Not everyone that has been banned deserved it.