The NRA

bullgator

This legal back and forth is exactly why we need the NRA.

NRA takes away rights? What in the heck are you talking about?

The NRA has backed legislation that has restricted first amendment rights (See Florida) and private property rights (See Georgia and Florida).

Again......When an employee or anyone else drives onto my property, I set the rules......If I say no firearms, then no firearms.....My property.....my rules. You can go find another job. How can anyone be ok with a group getting the government to tell what (legal) activities can and cannot take place on said property.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The NRA has backed legislation that has restricted first amendment rights (See Florida) and private property rights (See Georgia and Florida).

Again......When an employee or anyone else drives onto my property, I set the rules......If I say no firearms, then no firearms.....My property.....my rules. You can go find another job. How can anyone be ok with a group getting the government to tell what (legal) activities can and cannot take place on said property.

I suppose when someone comes on your property they are also only allowed to say what you provide them in a script as well then.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

When I drive onto your property, my vehicle remains my property. It does not become your property because it's sitting on your property. And what I have inside of it is absolutely none of your business as long as it stays inside of it. Sorry.

bullgator

Again......When an employee or anyone else drives onto my property, I set the rules......If I say no firearms, then no firearms.....My property.....my rules. You can go find another job. How can anyone be ok with a group gettingpp the government to tell what (legal) activities can and cannot take place on said property.

If you said no tobacco on your property would you be able to search their vehicle for tobacco?
What Florida did wasn’t taking away private property rights, it was affirming them to the owner of the vehicle under the castle doctrine.

If you said no tobacco on your property would you be able to search their vehicle for tobacco?
What Florida did wasn’t taking away private property rights, it was affirming them to the owner of the vehicle under the castle doctrine.

I would ask you if you had tobacco and to open your vehicle to search. If you said no, I would fire you......Again, my property my rules. You may no like it, but you can get your own property and make your own rules. FYI, florida did take away private property rights. They told private property owners what they MUST allow on their property.

bullgator

That’s some dangerous thinking

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would ask you if you had tobacco and to open your vehicle to search. If you said no, I would fire you......Again, my property my rules. You may no like it, but you can get your own property and make your own rules. FYI, florida did take away private property rights. They told private property owners what they MUST allow on their property.

Yet, you have absolutely no respect for the property of others? How does the same not apply to their vehicle? It's theirs, so their rules should apply to their property, such as they don't want you searching it. Their car, their rules. It doesn't become your property when they drive it to work. See how that works?

Knotmuch

I can see you getting your butt handed to you in the future if you are serious about treating your employees this way.

wareagle700

I would ask you if you had tobacco and to open your vehicle to search. If you said no, I would fire you......

I doubt anyone would stick around long enough to give you that opportunity.

:crazy:

Jester896

Senior Clown
show me where it says or tell me what page it is on in the rule book for this "My Property My Rules" that you are able to circumvent the Forth Amendment

show me where it says or tell me what page it is on in the rule book for this "My Property My Rules" that you are able to circumvent the Forth Amendment

You opened up a can of worms that has been a concern of mine for a long time: MANY, people that cry freedom don't understand the US Constitution. The Fourth Amendment only protects against searches and seizures conducted by the government or pursuant to governmental direction. Surveillance and investigatory actions taken by strictly private persons, such as private investigators, suspicious spouses, or nosey neighbors, are not governed by the Fourth Amendment. Read more here: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/when-the-fourth-amendment-applies.html

Further reading: In its 1920 decision in Burdeau vs. McDowell, the U.S. Supreme Court held that the fourth amendment is not applicable to searches by private parties.

Jester896

Senior Clown
just seems like that you were the government on your property and that the Constitution is thrown out there.

The NRA is a lobby group. Your elected officials voted the laws in. Not sure how you can point a finger at the NRA and yell tyranny.

just seems like that you were the government on your property and that the Constitution is thrown out there.

The NRA is a lobby group. Your elected officials voted the laws in. Not sure how you can point a finger at the NRA and yell tyranny.

For further clarification: The NRA used their power to take away the freedoms of others at the point of a gun (Using government). Just think if the Sierra Club did the same thing.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
For further clarification: The NRA used their power to take away the freedoms of others at the point of a gun (Using government). Just think if the Sierra Club did the same thing.

And you don't see the irony of your attitude of persons in your employ having their freedoms and rights to their own personal property taken away at the point of a gun (using your authority as their employer?)

And you don't see the irony of your attitude of persons in your employ having their freedoms and rights to their own personal property taken away at the point of a gun (using your authority as their employer?)

This seems to be the point everyone is missing: First, I'm not taking away any 'freedoms' because what 'freedoms' you think you have end when you get onto my property (You have no freedom of speech, you have no 2a, you have no 4a). Second, I am not the government therefore I can't take away anything at the point of a gun.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This seems to be the point everyone is missing: First, I'm not taking away any 'freedoms' because what 'freedoms' you think you have end when you get onto my property (You have no freedom of speech, you have no 2a, you have no 4a). Second, I am not the government therefore I can't take away anything at the point of a gun.

The point you are missing: So, do you feel that my car no longer is my personal property if I drive it into your driveway? In other words, your property is yours, but other peoples property is also yours?

Would you consent to random strip searches at Walmart or the grocery store while you are shopping on their property? Is it ok with you if a guard comes out of the gas station and takes everything out of your truck and searches it before he lets you leave the parking lot? Do you feel that you or no one else has no right to concealed carry except on their own property?