Can anyone explain this law?

Jim Boyd

I have been bowhunting for almost 40 years.

I have never had a firearm of any sort with me.

I have never once felt threatened by any situation I encountered.

Yes, I have seen what I considered a rabid (or sick) coon - came tottering toward me on two legs, drooling and talking gibberish. Probably should have arrowed him but I would have then been afraid to retrieve the arrow.

Coyotes? Plenty of them.

Wild dogs? Yep.

Snakes? More than I can count.

Gators? By all means - including one that ate the ham off of a deer before it could be retrieved.

I have swam to retrieve deer in waters that are known to harbor gators and snakes.

Not once - ever - have I felt threatened.

Yes, my Officer’s Model .45 kept me from being robbed by three gentlemen with chains and bad intent one time.

I am going with NCHB on this one.

I do not need a pistol in the woods but I MAY need one for humans.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I own a 20 acre wooded lot that's mine. I also hunt a 450 acre club. what does that have to do with carrying protection while bow hunting?
Nothing. Just some of your statements was about on your land. The club was not in there. I knew the club was in there also.
Just getting that out there for your argument.
Carry on. ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I want to carry everywhere I go.
I drive a semi now and think DOT stops me from that right.

shdw633

I have been bowhunting for almost 40 years.

I have never had a firearm of any sort with me.

I have never once felt threatened by any situation I encountered.

Yes, I have seen what I considered a rabid (or sick) coon - came tottering toward me on two legs, drooling and talking gibberish. Probably should have arrowed him but I would have then been afraid to retrieve the arrow.

Coyotes? Plenty of them.

Wild dogs? Yep.

Snakes? More than I can count.

Gators? By all means - including one that ate the ham off of a deer before it could be retrieved.

I have swam to retrieve deer in waters that are known to harbor gators and snakes.

Not once - ever - have I felt threatened.

Yes, my Officer’s Model .45 kept me from being robbed by three gentlemen with chains and bad intent one time.

I am going with NCHB on this one.

I do not need a pistol in the woods but I MAY need one for humans.

Had a guest shoot a doe a couple years back and while dragging the deer out was attacked by five coyotes trying to get his deer, luckily for him the member heard his shot and was driving over when he saw the attack. He got there post haste and shot two of them and then the others fled and the guest was not harmed. I had a experience about 15 years ago, coming out of the woods one evening during archery and had a couple of yotes hounding me from just inside the woods, I do believe if it had been more then two I might have been in trouble. I just kept an arrow in my hand and kept steady walking to my truck. I am not so afraid of coyotes as much as I am a pack of dogs. Coyotes have the fear of man, dogs generally don't and that's why I don't like to run up on dogs. I do carry my pistol to the tree but it's loaded with snake shot because I feel that though it won't kill them the bang and sting should send them running in the other direction and I don't think a game warden is going to get on to me about a pistol with snake shot in it, but I could be wrong and that wouldn't be the first time.

red neck richie

Nothing. Just some of your statements was about on your land. The club was not in there. I knew the club was in there also.
Just getting that out there for your argument.
Carry on. ?
More a question than an argument. Why should I pay $75 dollars to protect myself on private property that I own or rent? You still haven't answered other than they have to draw a line some where.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
More a question than an argument. Why should I pay $75 dollars to protect myself on private property that I own or rent? You still haven't answered other than they have to draw a line some where.
I was making a broad statement of my opinion.
I want to know why I can’t carry in my semi. I’m in the real jungle made of concrete. I have to stay overnite in a lot of places armed with a flashlite. ?
Hope this airs this out.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Whatever dont you have a cow to put down for steaks?::ke:

not tonight. Maybe tomorrow though. Can't never tell.

Why don't you invite me over to help hunt that other 1/2 acre???? :rofl::biggrin2::biggrin2:

just joking around here.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

I don't know why anyone has to pay to utilize a right plainly given in the constitution. I wonder what CNN, CBS, ABC and the rest would do if they had to pay a fee for every reporter, anchor person, or worker before they could utilize the 1st admendment? Reckon that law would stand for long at all?

red neck richie

not tonight. Maybe tomorrow though. Can't never tell.

Why don't you invite me over to help hunt that other 1/2 acre???? :rofl::biggrin2::biggrin2:

just joking around here.
Cause you'll miss. I dont like hearing excuses why you missed and pet cows. I like meat! That's why I hunt.:smash:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Cause you'll miss. I dont like hearing excuses why you missed and pet cows. I like meat! That's why I hunt.:smash:

i probably would miss if I were hunting with a stick and a string. Give me a 336 lever action 35 Remington, and we will be eating backstraps for supper

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Even if you wanted to carry a knife over 12" long you have to have a weapons permit.