The official Dan Quinn is done thread.

DAWG1419

Hindsight bias is a heckuva drug. Don't be silly. In 2015, when Gurley came out, both of them were young players on the rise, and Atlanta had other actual needs.
See, every time we bring it up this ^^^ is what you get :deadhorse:

Coenen

See, every time we bring it up this ^^^ is what you get :deadhorse:
Because it's the actual sensible response to your assertion that the franchise would be better off if only they drafted guys that you've heard of? There's no recruiting in pro football, it's almost always "either/or," rarely ever "both."

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I think Quinn gets one more year and anything less that getting to the NFC Championship gets him fired

DAWG1419

Because it's the actual sensible response to your assertion that the franchise would be better off if only they drafted guys that you've heard of? There's no recruiting in pro football, it's almost always "either/or," rarely ever "both."
Nope they would be better drafting winners.

Tmpr111

Ole AB could care less or so it looked like. He’s making his money and mark now with the the round ball, heard he’s talking of buying the entire big league internationally? Is that true? How much does he make on the MLS and his stadium anyways?

Seems to be a big hit, he picked the melting pot of the world for it - smart business as usual.

As for the Falcons, he said a couple years back he’d invest and do what had to be done to keep ATL contenders, now it’s time to poop or get off the pot. I still would’ve been ok with Ryan tagging along with Shannahan and drafting up to get Deshaun W. Choosing Beasley over Gurley was tough to see too here. Coenen is right, hindsight is powerful. But how many times does one have to see the hiney?

:).

Go Fins!

SpotandStalk

Hindsight bias is a heckuva drug. Don't be silly. In 2015, when Gurley came out, both of them were young players on the rise, and Atlanta had other actual needs.

This. Freeman is a good back but injuries have kept him sidelined this yr.

riprap

They Atlanta teams might as well combine logos and use a tower crane as a mascot as much as we rebuild.

Coenen

This. Freeman is a good back but injuries have kept him sidelined this yr.
A take I like on fans and hindsight is, "It's easy to read the book; it's hard to write the book." It's simple to say what the right move would've been 3 years after the move is made.
As a Packers fan I'd like to thank the Falcons for making us look better then we are. ?
How many of us are floating around here? Seems like more than a couple.

BornToHuntAndFish

Quinn, with a 5-game losing streak, may want to seriously think about losing the last 3-games to improve his options in the next NFL draft.

::ke:

someguyintraffic

Quinn, with a 5-game losing streak, may want to seriously think about losing the last 3-games to improve his options in the next NFL draft.

::ke:

I would, playoffs went out the window weeks ago. Put backups in, save Julio and Ryan.

The Falcons wouldnt even have been relevant for the last 10 season without Ryan and Julio.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I would, playoffs went out the window weeks ago. Put backups in, save Julio and Ryan.

The Falcons wouldnt even have been relevant for the last 10 season without Ryan and Julio.

They've only been relevant for ONE SEASON.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
They've only been relevant for ONE SEASON.

And look at the bright side for Arthur Blank.. He finally got his Championship trophy! Too bad it had to come by his soccer team. We all know Ryan is not going to bring one to Atlanta.

BornToHuntAndFish

Maybe Quinn or McCarthy should listen to & follow closely Arthur Blank's lead in how to build a championship football team with him doing it with a new soccer team & Arthur proving he knows much more about how to do it now, or maybe even try to hire MLS Cup championship's "Tata" Martino as a Falcons coach/consultant.

Patriot44

Banned
How many of us are floating around here? Seems like more than a couple.
I always liked the Pack and rooted for them every week. I am a Brett Favre mark.

Having said that, 3 years now no NFL and I have no plans to every waste another second of my life on it.

Dan Quinn was set up. He never had a QB to compliment his D.