another dawg QB transfers away

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
cant believe no one else hadnt already posted this

DSGB

Non-scholarship QB that was soon to be fourth on the depth chart.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
That quarterback room is going to be a lonely place

SpotandStalk

Wow and I thought Fsu had some issues with guys wanting out.

DSGB

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
LOL ya'll had years you would have sold your soul for stidham

BornToHuntAndFish

Mathew Downing, a rising sophomore who served as the third-string quarterback for the Bulldogs this past season, announced on Twitter on Wednesday night that he is transferring to TCU.

At UGA this past season, Downing backed up starter Jake Fromm and Fields. The 6-foot, 195-pounder from Alpharetta saw mop-up duty in four games.

Reckon he wants to go to TCU to have a better chance to play & not have as much competition to go up against.

Good luck to him & his future.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
cant believe no one else hadnt already posted this

Surly you Jest. That guy was gonna be the 4th OB and is a walk on.
Wrong. He was a former walk on that was just given a scholarship. Now he's transferring. :rofl:

The fourth string is not wrong. The fact that he would not get near the field unless we were 6 TD's ahead is true. Yall done got bad desperate.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
if he doesn't play he has no chance to go pro. its not a bad business decision on his part.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am not saying he does not have a Scholly, but from everything I have read he does not. Personally I hope he did, because we could use his spot for another 5*.

MudDucker

Staff member
4th string walk on leaving to walk on at TCU. You Dawg haters are reaching for straws to find something to talk about.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
This guy will never sniff the NFL.

He should have sniffed Kirby's butt. Get a grad assistant coaching spot at some point then try to sprout up the coaching tree. Coaching is a lucrative bidness these days.

DSGB

I'd take what UGA has in their QB room right now over the teams of most posters in this thread.