Fields wins appeal. Will be starter at OSU

riprap

Kirby was very fortunate Eason got hurt. Fromm got to come in and prove himself without worries of getting pulled. Using y'alls logic, Eason was beating Fromm out so that meant he was winning in practice. Maybe in the same set of circumstances fields could have done the same, maybe not. IMO, we don't play in the NC game if Eason doesn't get hurt.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Kirby was very fortunate Eason got hurt. Fromm got to come in and prove himself without worries of getting pulled. Using y'alls logic, Eason was beating Fromm out so that meant he was winning in practice. Maybe in the same set of circumstances fields could have done the same, maybe not. IMO, we don't play in the NC game if Eason doesn't get hurt.
You'll never know about Eason. I'm looking forward to see how he does this year

riprap

You'll never know about Eason. I'm looking forward to see how he does this year
I agree. He had a full season as a freshman and had a great opportunity to improve but really didn't seem to get any better throughout the season to give you the hope that he was THE guy.

MudDucker

Staff member
Kirby just wants to win. Your assumptions that the coaches didn't look at or work with Fields is incorrect. I know for a fact that he received substantial coaching time. His problem was that he was not learning the system. Just like Fromm, had Fromm gone down, Fields would have been in. Fields is a very talented guy, but Fromm is a worker. Fromm started working on learning Georgia's offense before he even hit Athens. Fields was out having a good time being lauded as the savior of UGA football.

If OSU caters to his style, he might do very well. I hope he does, because people who know him well say he is one heck of good guy.

DSGB

Fields could very well develop into one of the best QBs to play the game. The fact is, he was not ready last season, at least mentally.

Obviously, having him redshirt would have been the ideal scenario, but that isn't what he nor his family wanted. Hopefully, Kirby has learned from all of this and doesn't make the same mistake again. It was obvious they were trying to get Fields playing time while also not letting it affect Fromm.

FWIW, Fields had more pass attempts than Tebow did his freshman year.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Kirby just wants to win. Your assumptions that the coaches didn't look at or work with Fields is incorrect. I know for a fact that he received substantial coaching time. His problem was that he was not learning the system. Just like Fromm, had Fromm gone down, Fields would have been in. Fields is a very talented guy, but Fromm is a worker. Fromm started working on learning Georgia's offense before he even hit Athens. Fields was out having a good time being lauded as the savior of UGA football.

If OSU caters to his style, he might do very well. I hope he does, because people who know him well say he is one heck of good guy.
I'll agree with you here. The "system" is taylored to Fromm. A pocket passer. Kirby would have to have a completely different offense for fields to shine. Different assignments and personnel. He was trying to plug and play fields in that offense. At OSU the offense will be taylored around his abilities. I think/hope that makes a huge difference

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And your coach hasn't figured out how to win the big games with all that talent. Sounds like cmr #2

That's hilarious. If OSU played in the SEC you wouldn't have much to talk about. Come to think of it, there isn't much to talk about in the B1G anyway.::ke::bounce:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
That's hilarious. If OSU played in the SEC you wouldn't have much to talk about. Come to think of it, there isn't much to talk about in the B1G anyway.::ke::bounce:
Pfft. The sec's 2 best teams ended the season with an L on there forehead. A 10 and 3 bulldog season is no better than CMR. Sec teams can't handle playing 12 fbs teams and 10-11 are power 5. facepalm:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Pfft. The sec's 2 best teams ended the season with an L on there forehead. A 10 and 3 bulldog season is no better than CMR. Sec teams can't handle playing 12 fbs teams and 10-11 are power 5. facepalm:

Tell us all about the B1G powerhouse programs.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I forgot. Rose bowl champs:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Tell us all about the B1G powerhouse programs.
I think the only power house program is clemson at this point. Bama, Oklahoma and tOSU are scratching there heads right now trying to figure out what dabo is doing. Don't worry. Kirby will leave a bunch of "talent" for the next coach

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Hey. Wait. I thought this thread was about our new #1 overall recruit ( from last year).

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
UGA would have been in the playoff if they played in the big 10.