Fields wins appeal. Will be starter at OSU

MudDucker

Staff member
Where he feels safe

Yea right. He felt so unsafe that he left his sister at UGA.

Maybe y'alls new coach will keep the wives of his coaches safer than the last one.

Maybe y'alls new coach won't tackle and hit opposing players on the sidelines.

To go play at a better school

Yep, you got your feelings hurt and now you have spun off into never never land. Take your tater behind back up there and try to convince your team about how good they are.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Feeling hurt?:eek::rofl:you dawg fans are the ones that have been butt hurt that your team underachieved last year. I mean come on. Losing to Texas in the sugar bowl. My bucks are big10 and rose bowl Champions.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
My bucks are big10 and rose bowl Champions.

Let's be honest.. You beat a Northwestern team for the Big 10 Championship that lost to an Akron team that was 4-8 in the MAC.... Heck, the Vols could have beat Northwestern...

DSGB

But a good coaching staff lets them know how it is before they sign. I think Kirby made promises he couldn't keep.

Got any proof this wasn't the case?

I'll agree with you here. The "system" is taylored to Fromm. A pocket passer. Kirby would have to have a completely different offense for fields to shine. Different assignments and personnel. He was trying to plug and play fields in that offense. At OSU the offense will be taylored around his abilities. I think/hope that makes a huge difference

I thought one of the reasons Fields originally signed with UGA was because he wanted to learn to be a pro-style QB.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Let's be honest.. You beat a Northwestern team for the Big 10 Championship that lost to an Akron team that was 4-8 in the MAC.... Heck, the Vols could have beat Northwestern...
BIG10 champs. Bucks didn't get to pick there opponent same as Georgia. The only difference is tOSU won. The dawgs, not so much. :bounce:

Browning Slayer

BIG10 champs. Bucks didn't get to pick there opponent same as Georgia. The only difference is tOSU won. The dawgs, not so much. :bounce:

Not sure I would call beating Northwestern a "win".. It's more like a scrimmage..

Madsnooker

Haven't been here lately but I see we are still crying about Fields?lol

I will start by saying I'm not a fan of these transfers or how they go about them.

Now, as far as Fields, he was never going to beat our Fromm which was the previous years starter and almost won a NC. You guys thinking otherwise are crazy unless Fromm completely fell on his face. No different than saying Haskins couldn't beat out Barrett the year before last or Tua couldn't beat out Hurts because neither was better. I could go on with more examples but I digress.

And my comment on the previous video in this thread which is supposed to show what Fields can or cant do is laughable. I can equally show video of Fromm last year that had long stretches of game time that was equally as bad as well as bring up threads here, during games where you some guys were crying that UGA cant win big games with Fromms weak arm floating balls all over the place (LSU game for starters).

With all that said, I like Fromm and I really like Fields. I think Day is going to turn this kid into a star if he has the head for it.

For you guys sleeping on OSU, that will be a mistake next year. Meyers 17 class set the record for per recruit average and ended number 2 only because Bama had like 4 more recruits. Then Meyer followed that up in 18, breaking his own per recruit average with an even better per average recruit ranking than UGAs all time best class. Many of those kids played last year as redshirt and true Freshman. I have not been as excited about an upcoming season since OSUs 2015 season.

Good to post again!!!! Hope you guys have been doing awesome!!!!!

Last edited:

Madsnooker

Good to read you snook.
Been a crazy start to 19 so I have not had a lot of time to mess around here although I miss the fun.lol Gonna be a long summer before season starts back up. I'm sure the next big scandal is right around the corner so we will all have something to talk about. It gets old listening to Slayer beat up on UT all summer!!!:rofl:

Browning Slayer

Browning Slayer

I really do enjoy it as well!!!!:bounce:
That’s my boy!! Got my reservations in.. I’ll be down chasing Red’s in March, April, May and scalloping in July! I literally just got done mounting my transducer for my new Humminbird on my G3..

westcobbdog

Fields couldn’t beat out Fromm if he had 10 more years to do it. Of course i was hoping Fields would stay as he likely would be our starter his Jr year. UGA fans in the know all hear he was nowhere near Fromm between the ears and he couldn’t quite grasp the playbook. Besides the Umass game, Fields was never really trusted to do much passing. The part that bothers me is he basically took his ball and went home vs working harder to get better and try to beat out Fromm. We are now in the college free agent era, thanks to the joke called the NCAA.

FootLongDawg

Fields couldn’t beat out Fromm if he had 10 more years to do it. Of course i was hoping Fields would stay as he likely would be our starter his Jr year. UGA fans in the know all hear he was nowhere near Fromm between the ears and he couldn’t quite grasp the playbook. Besides the Umass game, Fields was never really trusted to do much passing. The part that bothers me is he basically took his ball and went home vs working harder to get better and try to beat out Fromm. We are now in the college free agent era, thanks to the joke called the NCAA.

Your first sentence said it all. I could work harder than anyone in the history of golf, still not beating Tiger Woods. Doesn't mean I could not be a good golfer. I think Fields is going to be really good cause he will get a great opportunity at tOSU cause the QB situation is the worst in years. Jake Fromm's tombstone should read "Here lies the great Frommini...he made two five star QB's disappear".