Relocating To Ga. ,.. Where?

PappyHoel

We are full, we are the 7th most populated state in the union. There is no room here and we have plenty of hunters regardless of what you have heard. I discourage anyone from moving here the place is a wreck due to the folks that moved here before you.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Worth County might be good. In Harris County call Billy Truit...think he is with Coldwell Banker...maybe he can find you something to look at.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Id pick AL. Too many people in GA. If you want land property taxes will swallow you in 10 years. They aint going down ever

Many Ga counties offer the conservation reserve plan that lowers taxes about 80%. Worth checking into.
A 10 year agreement to not sell or divide is required. Any realtor will know if tracts you have interest in are eligible.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Moving Man!
Don't pay any attention to those telling you not to move south.
I'll tell you what, I live in South Tn & you're welcome here old buddy!

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Welcome to the forum Moving Man!
Don't pay any attention to those telling you not to move south.
I'll tell you what, I live in South Tn & you're welcome here old buddy!

What 4HAND said. Just understand we have been overrun with people from the north and CA invading us and bringing their politics and attitude. It's a bit different down here - for now.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Oh come on.. We give you grief and accept you for the most part. The best part about a Yankee moving here and never leaving is when ya die you join your Yankee brothers that were buried here a long time ago.. :rofl:

dslc6487

Middle Georgia has some good deer hunting. However, stay out of my county, which is Wilkinson. Drugs, violence, poor law enforcement, terrible schools, poor economy, no growth. I live here, so I know. My grandchildren live in Bibb and Monroe County. If they did not live so close, i would be out of Wilkinson County is a heart beat.
If I had my choice of where to live in Georgia, it would be up in the mountains. Plenty of public land to hunt and fish. Plus, the beauty of the mountains is like heaven to me.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Many Ga counties offer the conservation reserve plan that lowers taxes about 80%. Worth checking into.
A 10 year agreement to not sell or divide is required. Any realtor will know if tracts you have interest in are eligible.

I keep it my old mans name. Hes 67..

I hunt an 88 acre cattle farm in Roswell. Theyre on some kind of AG conservation type deal. Its still 13K+ annually. Sure Harris County and the like aint Roswell- but with GA growing by ~1200 ppl a day it aint gonna get any cheaper.. I thin ifn your grandparents were not born here- you need to go home!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Harris co wouldn’t be a bad choice, but if I had my choice it would be north ga mountains , hunting may not be as good but I’d drive for hunting if I had to !

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
SC property taxes are lower than GA. The roads are horrible, however. During the Civil War it was said that SC was too small to be a country and too big to be an asylum. Half the population of Georgia, but about half the land size. Lots of rural land and small towns.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Taliaferro county has cheap land and lots of deer. Those citizens love new faces too.

ngamtns

Once you narrow down the counties you are interested in I would check on property taxes, crime rate, etc. Some counties offer senior exemption on taxes. This can make a big difference on the wallet. For example Pickens County taxes are three times higher than gordon County for seniors. North Georgia has good hunting and fishing also.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
:rockon::rockon::rockon:
LOL

Don't worry Doenightmare, I am a AR15 totting, Trump supporting northerner,..
Fleeing is correct though!

Hoping you folks are telling me,.. not the other way around.

Sounds good Yank !!! Come on down

Core Lokt

Do your research on hospitals and Dr. offices first and foremost IMO.

Welcome. Rural areas will get you more land for your $$ but that comes with a price itself. I'd look at Thomas, Grady, Decatur and Worth Co's. You can get out in the woods and still not be too far from cities for your needs needs.

I only mentions those Co's because I know nothing about the others.