Paulding forest Hog

Wayne D Davis

Turkey hunting? We need the story...
Yesterday I hunted the same blind and videoed a doe 10 yards from me. I was overlooking a creek one way and a fire break 25 yards to my left. When I slipped in I heard shuffling around briefly. Figured it was the deers bedroom and I had bumped it. I got settled after my over a mile walk around 6:00 am. Had one gobble a little after 6 then heard a couple hens. Dawn is around quarter after and 6:30 I heard what sounded like a splash. 15 minutes later this big girl come in on my left headed to the fire break. I debated on pulling the plug on her but the temptation took over. At a trot I layed one into her at 15 yards. She ran erratic across the break headed to cut over. I found her exactly where I lost sight so she must have dropped like a sack of taters right there. To big to haul by myself so I ended up walking to the truck.... leaving gun and other doodads to lighten my load. Went back with a couple sharp knives and a heavy duty plastic bag. Spent hour or so carving the straps out, deboning the quarters. Then another hail out. Bumped 3 turkeys walking back to the truck..... looked like hens. Straps in the oven now!!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice job man! Turkey loads will surely kill a pig!!

Wayne D Davis

Good to know it can be done Wayne. Just out of curiosity, how far were you from the pig, what turkey load and choke were you using and where did you hit him?
25 yards from fire break put him around 23 yards in the shot. Third degree 3.5" shot tight wad choke in a mossberg 835

Latest posts