Wearing a hat indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Times have changed from that of my grandparents, Maw & Pap. Maw would be hustling around that kitchen and setting the table as all were called to dinner. If you happened to pickup a fork or spoon before she took that apron off and was seated at her place you would have gotten that laser focus stare that showed disappointment and disapproval from Pap. A place you did not want to be.

The hat is the same thing, it’s about respect.

Tom W.

No accounting for some folks manners.....

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Hats on or off inside a house, at meals, when greeting someone, at religious events, when addressing the flag out of uniform, and other ceremonial occasions is just that, ceremonial. It is a sign of respect probably dating back to medieval times arising from the lifting of the visor of a helmet for recognition.

For the past several hundred years it has been an act of courtesy but, as one can see from the posts here, that courtesy is in the process of being lost. In itself not a good nor a bad thing unless one takes the loss of courtesy in general to be a sign of an increase in selfishness. I suspect that of being the case.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Hats on or off inside a house, at meals, when greeting someone, at religious events, when addressing the flag out of uniform, and other ceremonial occasions is just that, ceremonial. It is a sign of respect probably dating back to medieval times arising from the lifting of the visor of a helmet for recognition.

For the past several hundred years it has been an act of courtesy but, as one can see from the posts here, that courtesy is in the process of being lost. In itself not a good nor a bad thing unless one takes the loss of courtesy in general to be a sign of an increase in selfishness. I suspect that of being the case.

So you don’t know either

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
No accounting for some folks manners.....

Sure isn’t. They think someone is “disrespectful” because they’ve asked why we do something and no one knows so they trash talk the people that dare ask “why”

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I went to church today and took my hat off.
But I did see a lot of people being “disrespectful” and wearing a shirt untucked

Hillbilly stalker

You've been told and answered half a dozen times or more, you just haven't heard an answer that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. If that's all you got to worry about in life you've got it made.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Some folks on here would have made a good Pharisee in biblical times
A guy I knew dressed like a Jewish person from biblical days and went to a white church carting a 5 string guitar. They asked what he was doing there. He said I want to sing some Gospel music. They asked him to leave. So he did.
The next weekend he went to a A. m. e. Black church. ( he is white) they loved him. He sang. He said they all sang. He was Invited back.
Just something I wanted to share.
No hats involved ?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Why is this considered wrong?
Be specific.
OK, I will be as specific as I can:

It is considered wrong by those who see wearing a hat indoors as discourteous to others present including spiritual entities in places of worship.

I just tried to give you a little more background in the post above.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
You've been told and answered half a dozen times or more, you just haven't heard an answer that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. If that's all you got to worry about in life you've got it made.

“Disrespectful”

Ok. What’s the reasoning? Why is this such a heinous crime parents and grandparents of old could beat their kids for it?

Hillbilly stalker

Well, looks like you got part #1 now. Ive never seen or heard of a kid being beat for it. Now disobedience is another story, seems I read in an a Old book somewhere about sparing the rod and spoiling a child . Glad you finally got it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts