Thought for the day

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If old people can leave their cell phones on LOUD ring in a public waiting area and talk to everyone that calls like they’re at a football game trying to scream for their team I can wear a hat indoors

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Yep! You tell ‘em, T! I always wear my straw hat indoors. :bounce:

oldfella1962

If old people can leave their cell phones on LOUD ring in a public waiting area and talk to everyone that calls like they’re at a football game trying to scream for their team I can wear a hat indoors
That sounds fair to me. Another thing about hats indoors: military vets (especially career military like myself) never (or very rarely) wore hats indoors in uniform. But when they retire, you can't get them to take their hats/caps OFF when indoors! :LOL: A few years back the Garrison Commander here at Fort Gordon tried to set a policy that everybody in or out of uniform/active duty or retired/any & all civilians had to take their hats off when indoors everywhere on Fort Gordon. That lasted about a week or two! :sneaky:

Toliver

That sounds fair to me. Another thing about hats indoors: military vets (especially career military like myself) never (or very rarely) wore hats indoors in uniform. But when they retire, you can't get them to take their hats/caps OFF when indoors! :LOL: A few years back the Garrison Commander here at Fort Gordon tried to set a policy that everybody in or out of uniform/active duty or retired/any & all civilians had to take their hats off when indoors everywhere on Fort Gordon. That lasted about a week or two! :sneaky:
It's funny, some things we do throughout a career and we continue doing them after retirement like it's part of our DNA. Other things we intentionally and deliberately stop doing them as if it's in protest against having to do them for all those years.

And to the original point, you'd think old people would be that generation that wouldn't talk on a phone in public and be the ones complaining about others doing it. But it seems they have fully embraced the novelty of being able to talk anywhere and the new still hasn't worn off yet. They are worse than the kids since most of the younger folks mostly text. At least that's not making everyone in the room part of their conversation.

BassRaider

I wear a hat almost everywhere - got to keep the sun off my Irish spot where hair used to be.
Never take cell phone into eating establishments and request family the same.
Around the house I wear my bum clothes for comfort. In public, I wear my nice tennis shoes.
I listen to most conversations until my mind wanders.
I'm sure there are many other things that I do/don't since I got old.

oldfella1962

It's funny, some things we do throughout a career and we continue doing them after retirement like it's part of our DNA. Other things we intentionally and deliberately stop doing them as if it's in protest against having to do them for all those years.

And to the original point, you'd think old people would be that generation that wouldn't talk on a phone in public and be the ones complaining about others doing it. But it seems they have fully embraced the novelty of being able to talk anywhere and the new still hasn't worn off yet. They are worse than the kids since most of the younger folks mostly text. At least that's not making everyone in the room part of their conversation.
Another thing a lot of military vets do: grow a beard! Some grow their hair long, but if you retired your hairline may have already retreated to an indefensible position. :(

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
And I/we can think both of y'all are rude, uncouth, uncivilized, ignorant clowns

Jus' say'n::ke::crazy::biggrin2:

Whitefeather

Management Material
I don’t know about y’all but I love to listen to people’s conversations when they are walking around a store talking on the self phone while it’s on speaker