Marilyn Manson...

Fletch_W

Banned
Used to be a metal head in my younger years. Thought this guy was a clown honestly. Tried to score cheap shock points and basically stole Alice Cooper’s act to cover up for not having much talent. Now he’s just a has been clown.

I concur with your assessment. 100%.

Reactions: Dub

jollyroger

Really?? I watched soul with my little girl... and liked it...didn’t know that was Trent in charge of the scores...that’s awesome
If you listen to the tracks without the movie audio you can tell it's Reznor.

Here are two tracks at vastly different points in his career but you can still tell it's him, even without vocals.

Late Reznor

VS

Early Reznor

I'm a synthesis nerd btw, I've been making home recordings for years, Reznor was some of my earliest inspiration ?

ATLFalconsfan80

Used to be a metal head in my younger years. Thought this guy was a clown honestly. Tried to score cheap shock points and basically stole Alice Cooper’s act to cover up for not having much talent. Now he’s just a has been clown.

what was your metal band back in the days?

Fletch_W

Banned
If you listen to the tracks without the movie audio you can tell it's Reznor.

Here are two tracks at vastly different points in his career but you can still tell it's him, even without vocals.

Late Reznor

VS

Early Reznor

I'm a synthesis nerd btw, I've been making home recordings for years, Reznor was some of my earliest inspiration ?

How many Moogs have you owned?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
what was your metal band back in the days?
Pantera, Metallica (Kill Em All-Justice), Anthrax, Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine. Pantera was my favorite of all those. I will still occasionally listen to them when I’m working out. Clutch isn’t the same as all them but I still like them alright.

Fletch_W

Banned
Geddy should get more rock-moog credit than Trent though. Now I have Subdivisions stuck in my head.

jollyroger

How many Moogs have you owned?
?

None, I've got a few Korgs and an Artura sequencer but it's 90% digital for me now.

I don't make dance music, I like soundscapes and ambient stuff; taking recordings and layering up.

Nobody hears 99% of this stuff, just a way for me to blow off steam.

ATLFalconsfan80

Pantera, Metallica (Kill Em All-Justice), Anthrax, Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine. Pantera was my favorite of all those. I will still occasionally listen to them when I’m working out. Clutch isn’t the same as all them but I still like them alright.

Love Pantera...RIP Dimebag...boy could play that guitar

natureman

I ain't gonna lie, I liked a lot of his stuff.

I like a lot of that industrial stuff though, KMFDM, Rammstein, Ministry.

NIN is the best of that genre though, Reznor is a true talent.

He has his hand in a lot of musical scores that you wouldn't really think of as Trent Reznor, for instance that new Pixar movie Soul is his score.

Manson and Rammstein played together once without Lindermann.

Rammstein has some interesting tunes and stage shows.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
5 Minutes Alone was my jam.

I wore that whole CD out in HS and had to buy another.
I’m Broken and Strength Beyond Strength were my favorites from that one. It’s just about strictly country, bluegrass, and southern rock for me now but I used to love that stuff.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
You guys ever get into Type O Negative?

I loved Peter Steeles bass vocals.
He could sing. A lot of people missed that a bunch of that stuff was tongue in cheek. They had a great sense of humor.