That sinking feeling when your wife says....

Toliver

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And you have NO clue what she's talking about. It scared me so bad my mind, though briefly, thought today was October 21st. Turns out it was just my 1 year anniversary of retirement so it was no big deal. But I think she did it on purpose.

Anybody else dread or been scared by certain words from the other half?

Toliver

No. I know when mine is and it’s not in December.
I know when my real anniversary is... but they have anniversaries they expect us to remember.

First time we met.
First date.
First Kiss
When we bought the house.

They remember this stuff!

You just never know when it might possibly actually be an anniversary you should have known.

Core Lokt

Nah, mine isn’t like that. Birthday and wedding anniversary is all I have to keep up with thankfully. Oh and the day her dad died.

pjciii

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And you have NO clue what she's talking about. It scared me so bad my mind, though briefly, thought today was October 21st. Turns out it was just my 1 year anniversary of retirement so it was no big deal. But I think she did it on purpose.

Anybody else dread or been scared by certain words from the other half?
My first wife when she would say "we need to talk". Start running thru my head trying to remember what I did.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I messed up the first go around and got happily married in early November. Thankfully, she broke the contract a few years later and I was set free from balancing hunting the Rut and my anniversary with that dingus!
Now I’m almost 12 years into my second contract and the 4th of July is my reminder that I have 8 days to purchase a gift. :cool:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I was fishing with Kansas when it got so hot I had to get out of my jeans and jump in the water to cool off...
When I climbed back aboard his boat he said, I didn't know you wore women's panties. How long have you been doing that?

Ever since my wife found a pair in my glove box, I said.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
“You’re not going hunting this weekend.” Which means I’m going anyway and she is gonna be ticked off for the next month.

We got that part out of the way the first 5 years of marriage. Now it's "What time are you leaving Thursday and why don't you stay till Monday?" :bounce:

Latest posts