Thanks To All Of You GON Friends....

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I don't get to tell ya'll this very often BUT TODAY I AM BLESSED TO BE AMONG LOTS OF GON FRIENDS and ya'll have helped me to cope with life events several times and especially my most recent happening that unfortunately changed my world like never before. Recently, I was somewhat MIA for a while here and unfortunately, there was an absurd reason for it.

It did involved a burglar, a 40 caliber Glock, and a cop supervisor that should have been named "Barney Fife" ....but that would be a case of "smearing" Barney's name as such !!! :pop:

Let's just say that I never liked to see the front side of jail bars....but I recently, I quickly realized that I surely didn't like to see the backside of these bars either...all because of one over-zealous officer.

The sounds of that cell door being closed was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had to deal with and thankfully, my Daughter and SIL were able to bond me out (with CASH only) late the next day. It was an experience that I never want to go through again.

Thankfully I got some really good news yesterday, as my attorney was finally able to get all of these "bogus" charges completely dropped and any information of it should be expunged from the official record because there was NO valid case to begin with. Now thankfully, I won't be in front of a judge tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM instead.

Now over $7000 later including attorney and bonding costs etc, I am ready to celebrate today with my dear lady friend along with several of our friends as well for lunch. We are going to have a special lunch together today and being surrounded by friends will surely be a blessing for me right now. :cheers:

All of this is a shame as I have tried to always do my part and "give back and do what is right" during my entire life. However, this happening surely leaves a somewhat sour taste in my mouth against an obviously broken system allows the property owner to be jailed for protecting their property as the REAL criminal ultimately gets away.

I would like to say that this experience has made me even a better person BUT right now, that would NOT be truthful. It has left a very bitter taste in my mouth especially based on what it has already cost me and to know that the REAL criminal walked/ran away and is still roaming around to strike some unsuspecting resident again. I can only hope that I can continue to have a decent life health-wise and share it with friends such as all of you.

ps: I unfortunately became a participate of the weekly "Jail Report" of which I had never heard about BUT they covered me with a half-page story as a result.

However, I didn't know this until I met my lady friend and also a bunch of our friends together for lunch and one of them had shared a copy of it with ALL of them. I dang nearly messed up my pants as I saw this Report for the first time ever. Apparently, the "Jail Report" is apparently sold each week at possibly EVERY gas station in the area.

At least they wrote a somewhat favorable story about the incident (including my mugshot) in their October 22-28, 2021 publication. They also stated that my neighbors corroborated my story because the subject also jumped their fence and ran right through their front yard where their 3 family members were standing at the time and they gave the officers a really good description of this culprit. The sad thing is the fact that I had to wait about a week after getting out of jail just for me to be able to get a copy of this Police Report.

Last edited:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I don't get to tell ya'll this very often BUT TODAY I AM BLESSED TO BE AMONG LOTS OF GON FRIENDS and ya'll have helped me to cope with life events several times and especially my most recent happening that unfortunately changed my world like never before. Recently, I was somewhat MIA for a while here and unfortunately, there was an absurd reason for it.

It did involved a burglar, a 40 caliber Glock, and a cop supervisor that should have been named "Barney Fife" ....but that would be a case of "smearing" Barney's name as such !!! :pop:

Let's just say that I never liked to see the front side of jail bars....but I recently, I quickly realized that I surely didn't like to see the backside of these bars either...all because of one over-zealous officer.

The sounds of that cell door being closed was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had to deal with and thankfully, my Daughter and SIL were able to bond me out (with CASH only) late the next day. It was an experience that I never want to go through again.

Thankfully I got some really good news yesterday, as my attorney was finally able to get all of these "bogus" charges completely dropped and any information of it should be expunged from the official record because there was NO valid case to begin with. Now thankfully, I won't be in front of a judge tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM instead.

Now over $7000 later including attorney and bonding costs etc, I am ready to celebrate today with my dear lady friend along with several of our friends as well for lunch. We are going to have a special lunch together today and being surrounded by friends will surely be a blessing for me right now. :cheers:

All of this is a shame as I have tried to always do my part and "give back and do what is right" during my entire life. However, this happening surely leaves a somewhat sour taste in my mouth against an obviously broken system allows the property owner to be jailed for protecting their property as the REAL criminal ultimately gets away. .

I would like to say that this experience has made me even a better person BUT right now, that would NOT be truthful. It has left a very bitter taste in my mouth especially based on what it has already cost me and to know that the REAL criminal walked/ran away and is still roaming around to strike some unsuspecting resident again. I can only hope that I can continue to have a decent life health-wise and share it with friends such as all of you.

ps: I unfortunately became a participate of the weekly "Jail Report" of which I had never heard about BUT they covered me with a half-page story as a result.
However, several of my friends already knew about it as they had a copy of the "Jail Report" that apparently is sold each week at possibly EVERY gas station in the area.

At least they wrote a somewhat favorable story about the incident (including my mugshot) in their October 22-28, 2021 publication. They also stated that my neighbors corroborated my story because the subject also jumped their fence and ran right through their front yard where their 3 family members were standing at the time and they gave the officers a really good description of this culprit. The sad thing is the fact that I had to wait about a week after getting out of jail just for me to be able to get a copy of this Police Report.
Glad you’re okay and that you’ve been cleared of charges.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Wow, I spend a good deal of time in Lincolnton. my farm is on the outskirts.

What do we really need to know about the popo there?

Lol - I spend a good deal of time with a model 23 or model 20.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Great goodness, Mike! Glad to hear that it is all behind you except for the painful memory.

You are going to have to write up all the details for us later. I can't imagine why an officer would want to arrest a homeowner. Makes one wonder about making the call for help.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Dang it man. I'm sorry you had to go through this. :eek::cautious:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Wow, I spend a good deal of time in Lincolnton. my farm is on the outskirts.

What do we really need to know about the popo there?

Lol - I spend a good deal of time with a model 23 or model 20.

Isn't your place out on Metasville Road area as you are are leaving Lincolnton?

My best friend who lives there and was on City Council for many years and he was the person over that department so he had somewhat control over the officers etc. Most of them have been really nice guys.....just watch the "lower speed limit" as you get to the city limit area especially because you might get a ticket for maybe 20 mph before you know it as it drops down to 35 mph rather abruptly.

I have four .40 caliber model 23's in various series numbers. I also have a SS Wolf Barrel that easily can be installed and is a .357 SIG that has a bright and shiny SS barrel and it looks scary as it sticks out close to an inch out front of the normal length barrels.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Isn't your place out on Metasville Road area as you are are leaving Lincolnton?

My best friend who lives there and was on City Council for many years and he was the person over that department so he had somewhat control over the officers etc. Most of them have been really nice guys.....just watch the "lower speed limit" as you get to the city limit area especially because you might get a ticket for maybe 20 mph before you know it as it drops down to 35 mph rather abruptly.

I have four .40 caliber model 23's in various series numbers. I also have a SS Wolf Barrel that easily can be installed and is a .357 SIG that has a bright and shiny SS barrel and it looks scary as it sticks out close to an inch out front of the normal length barrels.
Yes on farm location.

Yeah on the speed trap...I wave to them every time.

Baroque Brass

Friend, we’ve never met but I’m very glad that despite the money it cost, you have been cleared. Are you in Georgia? I thought we had the castle law in effect. It’s too bad that nowadays we can’t defend ourselves and our property without fear of legal repercussions.

I have done work in prisons and I know the sound of that steel door closing behind you. Even knowing I’d go right back out as soon as my work was completed, it’s still an ominous sound.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Glad it worked out Mike.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:cheers:Great news Mike!!!!!:lovey:
And give that special lady a hug from me!!:lovey:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
:cheers:Great news Mike!!!!!:lovey:
And give that special lady a hug from me!!:lovey:

THAT IS ONE PROMISE THAT I WILL GUARANTEE TO DO TODAY !!!!

So far, I have enjoyed some relish every day at lunchtime this week and I will be doing it with her again today. She said that it makes my lips reach over and slap my face back and forth as it is so good !!!

PS: I heard that you have one more football game too. I'm hoping that your team will be the CHAMPIONS !!! Word on the street is that your team is so tough that they go into the woods and rip up "lightered knots" with their teeth and drag them back to the woodpile for future burnings.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
THAT IS ONE PROMISE THAT I WILL GUARANTEE TO DO TODAY !!!!

So far, I have enjoyed some relish every day at lunchtime this week and I will be doing it with her again today. She said that it makes my lips reach over and slap my face back and forth as it is so good !!!

PS: I heard that you have one more football game too. I'm hoping that your team will be the CHAMPIONS !!! Word on the street is that your team is so tough that they go into the woods and rip up "lightered knots" with their teeth and drag them back to the woodpile for future burnings.
:eek: Who done told our secret training methods?!?!?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
RUT-RO !! In this particular case, it must be right and I am hoping you bring home all of the marbles too !!!
From your lips to God's ears, I sure hope so!!!::;::;::;

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Crazy, I would sue for the cost of all legal fees and maybe even pain and suffering, along with defimation of character.