Good idea or bad idea

slow motion

Like my mid size side by side! Is it rude to ask if you don’t make it can I have your membership? Haha
Short answer yes. Was growing concerned as I started this thread with a dismal, if not downright depressing and sad, report about myy health and not a soul was concerned. Now I see there's concern. It's just for the disbursement of my possessions. At least your honest about it.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Got a 4x4 truck already. This would be for retrieval mostly.

If it’s just for riding and hauling/ dragging one out maybe you could consider an electric vehicle of some sort. Absolutely quiet and will fun many hours on a charge.
I have a 2005 model EZGO golf cart that does well for me. @Nicodemus bought a really nice looking one for around the same budget you are considering.

Gbr5pb

But I think you got a good hunting group and I’m jealous! As hard a time as I’m having finding another place to hunt after ours sold I’m wondering if that’s what it’s going to take to find one! But really hope you get feeling better! Ain’t got nothing without our health

slow motion

But I think you got a good hunting group and I’m jealous! As hard a time as I’m having finding another place to hunt after ours sold I’m wondering if that’s what it’s going to take to find one! But really hope you get feeling better! Ain’t got nothing without our health
Thanks man. Started thinking about others playing with my toys and I'm on the road to recovery just like that.

OwlRNothing

I know you were kinda being funny about being sick, but make sure you're breathing ok. Oxygen levels declining with pneumonia or covid is no joke. Go get checked out if you start having any trouble breathing, ok?

slow motion

If it’s just for riding and hauling/ dragging one out maybe you could consider an electric vehicle of some sort. Absolutely quiet and will fun many hours on a charge.
I have a 2005 model EZGO golf cart that does well for me. @Nicodemus bought a really nice looking one for around the same budget you are considering.
They're nice for sure. I'm too forgetful to keep it charged.

slow motion

I know you were kinda being funny about being sick, but make sure you're breathing ok. Oxygen levels declining with pneumonia or covid is no joke. Go get checked out if you start having any trouble breathing, ok?
Thanks man. Very good information. I'm like my old Polaris. Just need a good swift kick every now and then.

See @Gbr5pb that's how it's done. You ask the widow about the membership.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member

I`ll get up a picture or two, along with the deer cart, tonight.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I bought a deer cart a couple of years ago and have put it to good use. It makes getting a deer out so much easier. I haven’t used a 4 wheeler to hunt with in over 17 years and I own 2 of them. The deer cart fits in the back of my Ford Ranger with enough room to put a deer in the back as well. I leave it in the back of my truck all season locked up. My 9 year old son with a deer he killed and needed very little help getting her out of the woods. She weighted 128 pounds live weight 46CDD91A-F70E-48AD-8E1F-2C76958D71AA.jpeg

slow motion

I bought a deer cart a couple of years ago and have put it to good use. It makes getting a deer out so much easier. I haven’t used a 4 wheeler to hunt with in over 17 years and I own 2 of them. The deer cart fits in the back of my Ford Ranger with enough room to put a deer in the back as well. I leave it in the back of my truck all season locked up. My 9 year old son with a deer he killed and needed very little help getting her out of the woods. She weighted 128 pounds live weight View attachment 1159424
Nice. I don't think I've seen one with 4 wheels before.

slow motion

Hey man, hope you feel better soon. When you are back to 100%, take a hard pass on the Big Box Buggy.

Let me say that again. Big Box Buggies are to be avoided like that plague you got....

Thanks my brother. Sounds like you have some firsthand experience. Please share.

There's one other concern for me. With my old redneck 4-wheeler I think nothing of crashing through brush. In 2013 the pines were thinned.. By 2016 there was a section I couldn't get to without weaving in and out, still getting eat up with briars. Summer 2017new. On heavy clothes andI took that old Polaris, put it in awd and crashed through it. Briars and Muscatine so thick at times I'd get stuck and just spin. So I'd back up and get a run at it. After a few times I'd get through. Not sure I could bring myself to do that with something new.

Like @Jim Thompson said no way I would go back to a atv. Had a Polaris ranger 900 I loved it so much more you go do with it you wouldn’t do with a small truck. If I was just wanting something to go back and fourth from stands and light stuff an electric bike with a cart is nice. If you up in age and maybe biking wouldn’t work for you go with the sxs from a well known manufacturer. Nock offs in this area is a no go like others have mentioned.

flatsmaster

Slow find u a good used one … I don’t no about you cheap with your fancy trolling motor ? between equipment and farmers using them u can usually drive by the deer if u don’t stop … I’ve had lots of 4 wheeler’s and there great but the SxS with roof and windshield aren’t terrible when it’s 18 or raining … neither will help u shoot a giant but dang handy to have unless u can talk JT into hanging ur stands …. You’ll have a blast with that group and farm … prepare to be over whelmed !!!!