Good idea or bad idea

slow motion

Like @Jim Thompson said no way I would go back to a atv. Had a Polaris ranger 900 I loved it so much more you go do with it you wouldn’t do with a small truck. If I was just wanting something to go back and fourth from stands and light stuff an electric bike with a cart is nice. If you up in age and maybe biking wouldn’t work for you go with the sxs from a well known manufacturer. Nock offs in this area is a no go like others have mentioned.
Buddy of mine looked at the cheap 4 wheelers several years back. Salesman asked if it was for him or children. When he replied kids and Salesman said don't. Stated they won't hold up to kids. Said your older and fatter. You'll only drive it now and then. You won't be jumping over stuff. Said the frame would be bent in a week.

Buddy of mine looked at the cheap 4 wheelers several years back. Salesman asked if it was for him or children. When he replied kids and Salesman said don't. Stated they won't hold up to kids. Said your older and fatter. You'll only drive it now and then. You won't be jumping over stuff. Said the frame would be bent in a week.
Yes sir that fits what my thoughts where aswell.. I would rather go on and bite the bullet get a good Polaris can-am or Honda and call it done.. course you could always listen to @Jim Thompson tell you on the way by in that machine of his lol… or better yet just use his and tell ‘em yout trying it out you will let him know

slow motion

Slow find u a good used one … I don’t no about you cheap with your fancy trolling motor ? between equipment and farmers using them u can usually drive by the deer if u don’t stop … I’ve had lots of 4 wheeler’s and there great but the SxS with roof and windshield aren’t terrible when it’s 18 or raining … neither will help u shoot a giant but dang handy to have unless u can talk JT into hanging ur stands …. You’ll have a blast with that group and farm … prepare to be over whelmed !!!!
Thanks man. I've been having a great time already. Honestly I think JT or pretty much any of the guys I've met up would help you any way they could. All good folks. Do you hunt near there? Was thinking there was a meet, greet, and share a meal up that way 1 year. I asked @Jim Boyd about it. Said it's a great idea but logistically it's a big state. Would be nice to break bread and shake a few hands though.

thumper523

My BIL bought one from Lowe's. Got a good deal because he used his Lowe's card and Veteran discount. It's geared to high for me. I don't need to go 45 + mph. I love my Mule 610XC, just right.
Oh, I'm 5'10"- 200 and I hate getting in and out of it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Not a chance. I'm closer to 60 than 50. My deer dragging days are a thing of the past. That said I've thrown down a tarp and rolled a deer around on the ground till quartered and straps out several times. Much lighter that way.

I'm 71 in November. I'll drag them to the nearest logging road and then go get the truck. Otherwise I walk. It's good for you and it'll help you too!:rockon:

slow motion

I'm 71 in November. I'll drag them to the nearest logging road and then go get the truck. Otherwise I walk. It's good for you and it'll help you too!:rockon:
No doubt. In the interest of helping you stay fit pm me your phone #. I'll text you when and where you can drag. Jk Don't send me your #. A few whiskeys in and I'll send you something unintelligible.

slow motion

As already mentioned..

No parts support.
No service support.
No shop will touch it.
Made in China, as cheaply as possible.
Uncrated and assembled by Big Box employees.
No resale value.
No trade value.
Nobody wants to come look at your new Lowe's Buggy... ?

Come on now. Don't sugar coat it.

With the current state if things probably be lots of nice used in a couple years.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
No doubt. In the interest of helping you stay fit pm me your phone #. I'll text you when and where you can drag. Jk Don't send me your #. A few whiskeys in and I'll send you something unintelligible.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rockon:

flatsmaster

We wayyyyyyyy down in southern IL Chuck. Gonna be a good year man![/QUOTE

Jim at my age there all great if the good lord let’s me climb one more time … 67 2 weeks after we get back … that’s a large number … Jake bought me new strings for Xmas and put them on with D loop and peep and says dad pull ur bow and ck peep before I serve it in … first attempt was embarrassing … I ask what’s it pulling 60 ?
He cks it and 54.1 like before so the old guy better start shooting or that won’t be possible in layers and cold … my gosh getting old is entertaining to my kids ?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Short answer yes. Was growing concerned as I started this thread with a dismal, if not downright depressing and sad, report about myy health and not a soul was concerned. Now I see there's concern. It's just for the disbursement of my possessions. At least your honest about it.

Hey slow mo, I just got my first look at this thread and didn’t get past this post …….All I could think of was your health and could give a hoot about your new ride. Dang brother I hope you get to feeling better!!. We are the same age and I feel my youth trying to catch up with me for sure. I am taking better care of myself than when growing up for sure, but that’s probably typical. Hope you feel better soon! Keep popping the B 12 and Vit C, and lots of water! And get checked out if your feeling bad enough tor you start losing Smell or taste etc….

You got to take care of yourself before you can take care of others! BTW-a windshield would keep a bunch of that cold out on those long rides to the stand, IMHO

slow motion

Hey slow mo, I just got my first look at this thread and didn’t get past this post …….All I could think of was your health and could give a hoot about your new ride. Dang brother I hope you get to feeling better!!. We are the same age and I feel my youth trying to catch up with me for sure. I am taking better care of myself than when growing up for sure, but that’s probably typical. Hope you feel better soon! Keep popping the B 12 and Vit C, and lots of water! And get checked out if your feeling bad enough tor you start losing Smell or taste etc….

You got to take care of yourself before you can take care of others! BTW-a windshield would keep a bunch of that cold out on those long rides to the stand, IMHO
Thanks man. Ill be fine I'm sure. Might be a good excuse for some of Grampy's old cough medicine. Any recent info on the future of Pine Log? Know you've spent a lot of time there.

slow motion

Well I've survived another night. Feeling some better. Still not 100%. More like 51 but feel I might make it. No gifted membership @Gbr5pb , tough break man. Seems the comcensus was a whole hearted no on the off brand buggy. Oh well. Will have to entertain myself some other way today. Probably drag my sorry behind in to work.

slow motion

Customers kept calling so I went in to work a bit. Careful to keep my distance from everybody. Went to the supply yard and called in my order. They placed everything in the back of my truck along with a COVID test. Now I'm back home.

IMG_20220624_111903940.jpg