Harmonizing the new testament with the old testament

Madman

The “well studied gentleman” has some teachings that are strange.

jwf2506

The “well studied gentleman” has some teachings that are strange.
Yeah they seemed strange to me as well to start with then as I began to study the text for myself things started to make more sense .

Artfuldodger

From the OP's link;
"What we experience in the mean time is the best gift we could ever receive. Yahweh sent His Son Yeshua to live perfectly according to the law, and to then die as the unblemished sacrifice for our sins. He took upon himself the penalty for our sins. If we place faith in what Yahweh did for us in sending His own Son, we are forgiven of all our sins. If you're like me, and have messed up many times, that's some good news!"

I understand Yeshua is our advocate but it seems like he is much more than just an advocate.

Madman

Yeah they seemed strange to me as well to start with then as I began to study the text for myself things started to make more sense .
When new teachings conflict with 2000+ years of Church teaching I lean toward the Church.

jwf2506

When new teachings conflict with 2000+ years of Church teaching I lean toward the Church.
This is not new teachings these are the original teachings and if anything goes against the holy scriptures no matter how long they have been taught it is still wrong

jwf2506

From the OP's link;
"What we experience in the mean time is the best gift we could ever receive. Yahweh sent His Son Yeshua to live perfectly according to the law, and to then die as the unblemished sacrifice for our sins. He took upon himself the penalty for our sins. If we place faith in what Yahweh did for us in sending His own Son, we are forgiven of all our sins. If you're like me, and have messed up many times, that's some good news!"

I understand Yeshua is our advocate but it seems like he is much more than just an advocate.
He is the only begotten son of Yahweh and was sent to die for our sins without him we would not have a way to salvation and that is everything

brutally honest

If you are asking should you be circumcised to follow the law of Moses , when Judas and Silas told them the 4 things they should start with they did not tell them to first be circumcised.

This is eisegesis. The apostles did not say that they should "start with" these four things and then move on to the rest of the Law. They just gave them the list of four things "to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things."

brutally honest

... I figured you wasn't really interested by the way you didn't respond to how converting gentiles was told to do things from the law of Moses.

I agree the gentiles were told to "abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication".

I follow those commands each and every day.

jwf2506

This is eisegesis. The apostles did not say that they should "start with" these four things and then move on to the rest of the Law. They just gave them the list of four things "to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things."
No that is Exegesis, because that is exactly what they was saying to them. They was not saying all you need to is these 4 and that's exactly what Acts 15:21 is saying that the law of Moses is taught every sabbath

j_seph

Being circumcised will not save a person there is only one way to be saved and that is to believe in the messiah,be baptized and follow the commandments of Yahweh to the best of our ability and when we fall short as we all will then we are to repent and be thankful that we have an advocate with the father. So now since we are cutting to the chase let me ask you this we know the Apostles and Paul as well as others walked along side of Yeshua, yet long after the messiah was gone how come did they everyone continue to follow the law of Moses, if it was done away with ?
Are you certain that you cannot be saved without baptism?

jwf2506

I agree the gentiles were told to "abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication".

I follow those commands each and every day.
Do you believe that they would have told them that it was ok to eat pork then?

madsam

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE BAPTIZED OR PARTICIPATE IN BAPTISM TO HAVE
SALVATION. FAITH IN JESUS IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED. Salvation is received
by faith alone....John3:16,Ephesians 2:8-9,Titus 3:5......Baptism is an important
step of obedience that all Christians should take. Baptism illustrates the believers
identification with Christs Death. BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR A FAITHFUL
WALK WITH JESUS.

jwf2506

Are you certain that you cannot be saved without baptism?
I can't say who can or cannot be saved only Yahweh can do that but I read in the scriptures like
Acts 2:37-38 "where new coverts ask what should we do" and Peter tells them to repent and be baptized
Acts 22:16 "Paul is told" now why do you delay get up and be baptized.
Mark 16:16 He who has believed and been baptized shall be saved
John 3:5 Yeshua answered truly, truly unless one is born of WATER and spirit he CANNOT enter the kingdom of Yahweh.
Plus we read where Yeshua goes to John to be baptized I sure there probably other text that I'm forgetting..... but once again I most definitely cannot say who can or cannot be saved.

Last edited:

jwf2506

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE BAPTIZED OR PARTICIPATE IN BAPTISM TO HAVE
SALVATION. FAITH IN JESUS IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED. Salvation is received
by faith alone....John3:16,Ephesians 2:8-9,Titus 3:5......Baptism is an important
step of obedience that all Christians should take. Baptism illustrates the believers
identification with Christs Death. BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR A FAITHFUL
WALK WITH JESUS.
Brother all I can do is go by the scriptures and encourage everyone else do the same read and pray to work out there own salvation but from what I understand Baptism was very important to John the baptizer and Yeshua the messiah because they both were doing a lot of it.

brutally honest

No that is Exegesis, because that is exactly what they was saying to them. They was not saying all you need to is these 4 and that's exactly what Acts 15:21 is saying that the law of Moses is taught every sabbath

In Acts 15:5, the Pharisees are telling them to keep the Law of Moses. Then, Peter stands up and says, “We can’t keep the Law. Why should we lay that burden on the gentiles?” (v. 10)

If they thought it was necessary to keep the Law, they would have told them explicitly to do just that. They wouldn’t have broken out the four things and just wish them well.

brutally honest

Do you believe that they would have told them that it was ok to eat pork then?

There’s nothing wrong with eating pork.

“Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.” - Rom. 14:3