Bubba Roundtree

Lindseys Grandpa

Anybody watch their videos on YouTube? They hunt deer with dogs and shoot them in the middle of public roads . First time I saw it I thought somebody's going to jail . Turns out in S Carolina it's legal if you have permission to hunt both side of road . Hard to believe. If videos though .

HermanMerman

I have seen those videos and thought the same thing but assumed South Carolina just doesn’t care.

HermanMerman

I've been watching their videos for a couple years now. I've never had the opportunity to hunt deer with dogs but their videos have given me the interest. Looks like fun and a good time.

I’m right there with you. I’ve never been on a dog hunt but it looks like a blast.

Jim Boyd

Old traditions should never die and I hope those fellas enjoy every minute of it. I just meant that I am not familiar with the rules in SC. Maybe its permitted to shoot across a road in certain places.

Up, down and sideways.

When we bought our farm, there were three tower stands along the road. When I say along the road they are no more than 5 to 10 yards from the road. They have been there for years.

I have already torn one down and re-purposed it and I’m going to tear the other two down.

Personally, I think they are disrespectful.

Maybe a better way to say it is that I don’t care if somebody else hunts like that but I’m not going to.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Dog hunting is a blast ! I grew up doing it in Ga and 30 years ago the crew we hunted with shot them wherever they crossed . My dad got out of it when I was 15-16 , sold all his dogs and said he was tired of trying to hunt with a bunch of drunks ?

ScLowCountry

I almost got shot while driving on a paved highway by a child in the back of pick up. A small buck ran feet in front of my truck and the child raised his shotgun and the dad about flew across the truck bed to knock the barrel out the way before he pulled the trigger

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Anybody watch their videos on YouTube? They hunt deer with dogs and shoot them in the middle of public roads . First time I saw it I thought somebody's going to jail . Turns out in S Carolina it's legal if you have permission to hunt both side of road . Hard to believe. If videos though .
I haven’t but think I’ll check it out! Thanks for the heads up!

krizia829

My husband watches their videos and loves it. It brought me memories of when I first started hunting as a kid. Shot my first deer just like that but in AL. His videos can be a bit lengthy but they are neat to watch

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I watched a video and subscribed. Ver cool! Thanks again for the heads up. I typically don’t surf much, but love a good channel like this one.

frankwright

My wife has a cousin that dog hunts and once he took me to their South Carolina land.

It was a pretty well organized deal. They had a big piece of land, almost 2000 acres and very remote.
They have a house and a dog kennel and they take turns feeding and exercising the dogs.
They only hunt on Wednesday and Saturday and on Saturday a lady from town comes and cooks them a big breakfast.
They decide where they are going to hunt and drop hunters off, spread out well past buckshot range.
The dogs are let out on another road parallel to the hunters and chase the deer to the hunters.
I have never done it but it is an old tradition and I support any legal,safe hunting method.

beretta

If y'all want experience what it's like to Dog hunt, go to Wahee Gun Club. Great time, usually on Saturdays they Chicken bog or BBQ from a pig that was killed on the property. The last time I hunted there they had almost 17,000 acres to hunt. Very family oriented.

Geffellz18

I’ve never been on a dog hunt but it looks like a blast.

If I had never dog hunted for deer, I’d most likely have absolutely Zero interest in deer hunting now, quite possibly any hunting!
Some of my most memorable hunting experiences occurred when we dog hunted. And most of those experiences don’t even involve a harvest!
Just a truly fun experience all around when you have a great group of folks together.
Grateful to Dad for waking me at 2a.m. to go track-ok mostly sleep! to be ready to run one at daybreak.
There’s really nothing like the sound of the hounds when they jump!

Deerhead

Started hunting in MS with a hunting club that ran dogs. It sure is exciting to hear the dogs run deer. You sit on ready hoping they run the deer buy you. Some times they do!

3chunter

I would rather hunt the road and know/see what’s coming then hunt the woods shoot towards the road not knowing if a car is coming. I started dog hunting at 13 years old and I consider it the proper way to kill a deer. Shot many across roads. Missed many too. Lol.