Committee prediction thread

ldavid008

If this were any poll other than the final 'who gets in poll', then what would that poll be?

No way FSU would have stayed in the top 4 after the way they looked (especially against an astoundingly bad Louisville team) and given the way TX and AL both played.

If this were a regular season poll, FSU would have dropped, TX and AL moved up and GA wouldn't have fallen all that far either.

Of course this is not a regular season poll set forth by the committee, so I wonder what's really changed? Do the polls the committee put out near the end of the season have different criteria than the one coming out today? If not, then why would they even be considering FSU?

HermanMerman

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama
FSU
UGA

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
There’s a possibility that Ohio state might be #4.
Their only loss was an on the road loss to the them #1 team on a last minute drive.they were in the top 4 for a while before that.

alphachief

If this were any poll other than the final 'who gets in poll', then what would that poll be?

No way FSU would have stayed in the top 4 after the way they looked (especially against an astoundingly bad Louisville team) and given the way TX and AL both played.

If this were a regular season poll, FSU would have dropped, TX and AL moved up and GA wouldn't have fallen all that far either.

Of course this is not a regular season poll set forth by the committee, so I wonder what's really changed? Do the polls the committee put out near the end of the season have different criteria than the one coming out today? If not, then why would they even be considering FSU?
Astoundingly bad Louisville team? You mean a team ranked higher than Iowa and Ok. State.?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Danged if I know. But I say the same thing I said last year when Bammer and Tennessee were crying about how they deserved to get in, win your games and they can’t deny you. Georgia had a clear path in and puckered up and went conservative instead of being aggressive. So they do t deserve to get in even if I think they would beat all the teams that will get in. Win your games. It bugged me to see Kirby grovel and politic last night right after he wasted his opportunity to get in.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
FSU is 13-0 and a Power 5 conference champ. If they don't get in then this whole thing is a charade. This is America. You advance in life based on merit, not some stupid popularity contest. When is this crap ever gonna stop in college football?

13-0 makes FSU better than Bama or Georgia, period. You don't hear any of this crap when people talk about FCS teams. They have had a playoff system for decades.

So let’s stick with that. Records matter. Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Liberty.

alphachief

Florida State should get in because they won but that is a horrible football team. Nobody who isn’t a total homer can look at them and think that’s one of the best teams in the country.
Another outside looking in perspective. All you had to do was win…as you noted.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Florida State should get in because they won but that is a horrible football team. Nobody who isn’t a total homer can look at them and think that’s one of the best teams in the country.

Any of the other teams will destroy them. But yes, they should be in.

And same argument applies to Liberty if we exclude quality of wins. It’s a mess.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor

And same argument applies to Liberty if we exclude quality of wins. It’s a mess.
What bugs me is people totally motivated by money will point to this as proof of concept that the twelve team playoff is a great idea. This season is an outlier. There are normally maybe three teams that are clearly better than everybody else. This was just a weird season.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Another outside looking in perspective. All you had to do was win…as you noted.
Can you not read? I said Georgia had their opportunity and blew it and shouldn’t be in. I also said Florida State should be in despite being dog water that will get thrashed easily by whoever they play. You’re a homer and can only see what you want to see.

alphachief

I predict if when we get in…we’ll prove we deserved to be there. I’ll take our D and special teams with our other offensive talent and Tate at QB against any of the other three.

alphachief

Can you not read? I said Georgia had their opportunity and blew it and shouldn’t be in. I also said Florida State should be in despite being dog water that will get thrashed easily by whoever they play. You’re a homer and can only see what you want to see.
Can you not read…”as you noted”.