2012 ATA photos & products

Big Doe Down

I have thought about trying out some Rages for next year. I have never shot an expandable at all, and those chisel tips really looked good at the ATA. But then I went to the NAP booth and got a 30 minute seminar on the Spitfires from one of their designers and he really convinced me. So I know I will be trying spitfires, and possible rages. I also talked to the guy at the innerlock booth and those heads are really nice too. I'm just going to run out of money before I get to try everything I want to shoot!

The Arrow Guru

Spitfires are good and have killed a lot of animals. I prefer not to shoot any "over the top" expandable. The rear deploying broad head have to be selling because just about every other company has tried their version of it this year. Even T-Bones "T-3 chunk" broad head company has one, however it doesn't look as good to me as some of the others. I like Trophy Takers Ulmer head. But as far as it goes I have been popping through stuff with a Rage for 5 years now and the Rage extreme will be what I use this year. If it aint broke!

I seen a young man shooting about 55 lbs shoot a deer in the ham not hit the bone and stop right in front of the gut section he wAs using the 40 ke rage and the darn thing didn't go 50 yards and died. I was using a regular rage 2 blade 100 grains and smoke a big doe dang thing ran 150 yards sometimes it's just the animals will to live no matter what you do or hit.. It doesn't matter usually what head you use aslong as you hit the right spot most will work I'm like others I always try new things. I used wasp jack hammer sst for years they just worked great. I have used rage, grim reaper, vortex, g5 etc.. It's like candy it's just what you like not all like the same for whatever reason

Repo

Was good meeting some of you guys at the show. Had a great time. Loved shooting the new bows. Found that even a mediocre shot like myself can shoot them decently!

Candace has already stolen my SS cams and mods to replace her lethal cams and is heading on her hunt next week shooting 28.5" dl with her equalizer release. Took her about 5 shots to really get used to it and is loving it.

Using the True Shot Coach and has really tweaked into shape my bad habits with poor grip on the bow. Probably my favorite small product from the show.

bonecollector56

I seen a young man shooting about 55 lbs shoot a deer in the ham not hit the bone and stop right in front of the gut section he wAs using the 40 ke rage and the darn thing didn't go 50 yards and died. I was using a regular rage 2 blade 100 grains and smoke a big doe dang thing ran 150 yards sometimes it's just the animals will to live no matter what you do or hit.. It doesn't matter usually what head you use aslong as you hit the right spot most will work I'm like others I always try new things. I used wasp jack hammer sst for years they just worked great. I have used rage, grim reaper, vortex, g5 etc.. It's like candy it's just what you like not all like the same for whatever reason
I have always believed in the will to survive I have shot squirrels that die 2secs later and I have shot squirrels the exact same spot that will run til the arrow catches a branch.

The Arrow Guru

I believe that if both lungs are collapsed, the lack of oxygen to the brain over rides any will to live.

bonecollector56

I believe that if both lungs are collapsed, the lack of oxygen to the brain over rides any will to live.
I know but some animals will give out faster than others

Big Doe Down

Spitfires are good and have killed a lot of animals. I prefer not to shoot any "over the top" expandable. The rear deploying broad head have to be selling because just about every other company has tried their version of it this year. Even T-Bones "T-3 chunk" broad head company has one, however it doesn't look as good to me as some of the others. I like Trophy Takers Ulmer head. But as far as it goes I have been popping through stuff with a Rage for 5 years now and the Rage extreme will be what I use this year. If it aint broke!

I'm sure I will try my share of rear deploying heads because I am going to try as many different heads as I can get my hands on. But the one thing that really grabbed my attention when talking to the engineer at NAP is the fact that I told him I was going to try expandables this year for the first time and he immediately said "well let me show you the best one on the market" (of course he's biased because he worked for NAP), but he went and grabbed a Spitfire, rather than the brand new rear deploying head that NAP just came out with this year. Then I liked everything he told me about the spitfire as well, but I was the most impressed with the fact that they just came out with a new flagship rear deploying head and he went and showed me the one they have had on the market for 16 years.

pasinthrough

Most new products take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to come to your store shelves.

mefferd84

I was looking online. I could find the 3 and 5 pin sights that do not move, but I could not find the multipin pendulm yet.

PineThirty

Hes got them all, just go onto ArcheryTalk and shoot him a PM. I also believe hes In GA so could get one to you pretty quick Im sure.

I was looking online. I could find the 3 and 5 pin sights that do not move, but I could not find the multipin pendulm yet.

pasinthrough

I just added a video for Rack One Whitetail System on my YouTube.

They have mineral and supplemental feed / attractants for a 12 month plan on helping / harvesting whitetails.

pasinthrough

ScentPurge O3 units

I found the Whitetail’R ScentPurge units at the ATA show last month. I listened to Scott explain it and I was impressed this technology was actually small, portable and effective for what hunters need. I have seen the large units over the past 20 years or so while working around Hospitals, so I know they work. Before now the units were large and couldn’t be put in a clothes tote or bag.

I received the units I ordered at the ATA show last Thursday. I used the Scentpurge 50 unit in my truck starting that night and my 11 year old F-150 had absolutely no odor to it at all after about 24 hours. I added a Scentpurge 35 unit to a room in our house we use for changing the baby. My wife told me last night it was the best thing she has ever seen for killing odors. Those of you with small children know exactly what I am talking about!

I am planning a bear trip for May and will have these units in my gear and clothes bags on that trip.

The 35 unit will work in a vehicle or tote bag. It runs on either 4 AAA batteries or with an AC plug you can purchase separate. The 50 unit comes with an AC plug but the accessory pack includes a 12 volt plug to run in your vehicle, if you have a large truck or SUV. Easy to follow instructions and step by step cleaning photos are included. Cleaning is easy and takes 3 minutes per month if you run them all the time. These units are effective and worth the price if you ask me. You can see more or order you one at this web site under products. www.doetodoor.com

Last edited: