A) predict your team's finish
B)list 3 pros' and 3 cons
C)your toughest divisional foe
D)your toughest cross divisional foe
E)possible "Trap" game
F)intangibles

BAMA:
A) #1
B)pros: exceptional skill/experience/depth at the offensive skill positions the best that i can ever remember an Alabama team having, I don't normally put a lot of stock into great skill players alone, but the O-line will be very good once again.
exceptional skill/depth/experience at LB, improved athleticism in the secondary and on the line, the offense will be a little different, so will the defense.
favorable schedule no getting around the fact that BAMA hs a friendly schedule this year, Off-week prior to A&M and LSU, and all tough opponents played in T-town(except A&M)
cons: QB depth...obviously
RT experience, the new guys are good, but it will be tough to improve on Fluker's season last year
FOCUSlast year's team played 7 sloppy quarters, 2 against A&M, 3 against LSU and 2 against UGA, that sense of entitlement will be awfully strong this season...which is bad.
C)Toughest divisional foe: LSU...and it's not close, LSU will be just as talented and actually better on offense than last year, this game has been a slugfest for a long time no letting up this year.
D)Toughest cross-divisional foe: close between UGA and USCe I'll give the edge to UGA, they both will have good but young defenses with USCe having the edge, but UGA will have the best Offense by far.
E)possible trap game: OLE MISS they should still be healthy when we play them, and they'll have a good offense...this one intigues me a little too much
F)intangibles: FOCUS, DETERMINATION, MANAGING PRESSURE
Saban is the best but he can only do so much to keep the players in the right attitude, if he succeeds, tehn I do believe BAMA goes undefeated and wins it's 3rd straight NC, if not,...BAMA could still lose one and get a shot...I don't believe that we'll see a repeat of the 2010 season.

I told a few of my UGA buddies last year as we left the Dome that UGA will have the best offense in College ball this year,...and I believe that they will, but I believe that BAMA will be right there with them. I believe that BAMA will have a top 3 defense nationally and superior to UGA...but there is no denying that if the 2 teams meet again in the SECCG, UGA will be the hungriest of the 2...and that could make the difference.
:cool:

riprap

A) predict your team's finish: 1st if we get through the first half undefeated.
Pros:1. Running Backs
2. Defense has something to prove
3. Remembering how close they got last year
Cons: 1. QB winning big games
2. Getting off to slow starts
3. Relying on others to lose
South Carolina
bama
E)possible "Trap" game
Tennessee
F)intangibles
this word is too big

RipperIII

A) predict your team's finish: 1st if we get through the first half undefeated.
Pros:1. Running Backs
2. Defense has something to prove
3. Remembering how close they got last year
Cons: 1. QB winning big games
2. Getting off to slow starts
3. Relying on others to lose
South Carolina
bama
E)possible "Trap" game
Tennessee
F)intangibles
this word is too big

Those tight ends aren't too bad either, the o-line may be the best UGA has had in a decade

riprap

Those tight ends aren't too bad either, the o-line may be the best UGA has had in a decade

We have had a lot of size over the years, but what I have seen is the bigger they are the easier they fall.

Thanatos

UGA

A) 12th
B)Pros: 1) Almost every players returns on an offense that ranked first in Yards Per Play in the NCAA 2) Senior QB who will possibly break a lot of the SEC's all time great QBs records 3a) Some of the best wide receiver depth in the SEC and the nation 3b) Gurshall
Cons: 1) The defense is YOUNG 2) Only one returning starter in the secondary 3) Our special teams should be called the special ed teams
C)This year it will be South Carolina. UF has a year or two before their offense gets right.
D)LSU is our fourth game of the season and its in Athens. Gonna get nasty.
E)All I can say for sure is that it will be played in Tennessee. We got TN at their house after LSU and Vandy at their place after Mizzu
F)This is what almost all of Richt's teams lacked. The intangibles. If we do well this year Murray will have to really step up his leadership of the offense especially when challenged to eat some clock to keep the young D off the field. Or, make some quick scores to make up for the D getting jumped on early in the season. Someone on D will have to be a leader. I have no idea who that will be.

:cheers:

bruiserbuckgrower

A) 1st
B) pros offense, bitter taste of last season, this years work ethic
Cons, special teams, young D, schedule
C) south Carolina
D) bama
E) Kentucky if possibly still undefeated at that point, loss of focus, looking to seccg, ect
F) this team seems different than past years from all accounts their working harder and seem more focused. I'm in the minority but think our young D will be better than last year. This team is hungry focused and ready to go to the next level. They have more motivation than ever before

tjl1388

A) 1st or 2nd in the ACC, Top 15 ranking.
B) Pro's: Duke Johnson, Stephen Morris, returning the entire offense. Cons: The Defense takes up all three spots.
C) North Carolina
D) FSu
E) away game at Heinz Field vs Pitt. to end the year.
F) Playing the gators one last time will be fun, biggest game in a while. Game is sold out already and SunLife will be rocking. The UM offense vs the Gator Defense will be an Epic battle of strength vs strength.

RipperIII

good stuff guys, keep it up.
No right or wrong answers just a little insight into how you see your team relative to others.

RipperIII

Dang I was really hoping to hear form the gators, USCe, Aubbies, do we have anymore Bayou bengals?...Techies, Badgers, west coasties...no one game?

Dudley Do-Wrong

how about this:
A) predict your team's finish
E)possible "Trap" game
F)intangibles

Bama
A) Top 5
B) Pros: Depth at skill positions, experienced/smart QB, coaching
Cons: 3 new O lineman, questions concerning secondary, questions concerning D line
C) #1=LSU, #2=T A&M
D) Scheduled games: UT
E) Ole Miss
F) Leadership & coaching

fairhopebama

Bama:
1) Top 3
2) Pros-RB, WR & QB
Cons- the unknown with OL, DL and back-up QB experience
3)LSU
4)UGA if we meet again
5) Ole Miss
6) Self determination, leadership, work ethic

Russdaddy

Tennessee
1) 15th
2)pros: great recruiting class, new coach energy, looked over easily
cons: QB uncertainty, depth at key positions, freshman jitters
3) UGA
4) BAMA
5) South Alabama
6) chip on shoulder, something to prove, orange Kool-Aide

RipperIII

Tennessee
1) 15th
3) UGA
4) BAMA
5) South Alabama

I'd add ...very good O-line for the Vols

bam_bam

1) top 3
2)Pros: Whole offense coming back, two running backs whoe are willing to share the load, and minimal suspensions so far this year:rolleyes:. Cons: Unknown/untested defense, special teams, tough schedule.
3)Toughest divisional foe: Right now I think USCe is.
4)Cross divisional foe: LSU
5)Trap game: If we are able to get past clemson and USCe i see LSU as a trap, or either Tennessee.
6) Murry to get his head out of his kiester and play to his full potential and minimize the stupid penalties the we are so known for.

Thanatos

Tennessee
1) 15th
3) UGA
4) BAMA
5) South Alabama

I think Tennessee is gonna be a sleeper pick this year. They are gearing that offense to maximize plays per game. Should be interesting to see where Tennessee is headed. Selfishly I hope you are terrible and are 5-7 at the end of the season.

brownceluse

pretty amazing,....200+ views and no one stepping up to the plate:huh:

I'll take a turn...

1. Pros- QB, RB, TE, Receiver's, O Line, Team only has one goal, NC. We shall see about that.

2. Cons,,,,, Unproven D!!!! Feel good about the D linemen we have, and the depth and I like the idea of keeping guys fresh. Thank you Chris Wilson! Kicking game as well.

RipperIII

I'll take a turn...

1. Pros- QB, RB, TE, Receiver's, O Line, Team only has one goal, NC. We shall see about that.

2. Cons,,,,, Unproven D!!!! Feel good about the D linemen we have, and the depth and I like the idea of keeping guys fresh. Thank you Chris Wilson! Kicking game as well.

Do you see a"trap" game?

Latest posts