Tennessee
1) 15th
2)pros: great recruiting class, new coach energy, looked over easily
cons: QB uncertainty, depth at key positions, freshman jitters
3) UGA
4) BAMA
5) South Alabama
6) chip on shoulder, something to prove, orange Kool-Aide

Also a Vol fan, and love your enthusiasm...but #15? With trips to Oregon, then the swamp the following week, and of course the brutal SEC schedule. I predict a 6-6, maybe 7-5 record. I'm excited about the future and the way the program is headed, but we've got a ways to turn this ship around. Recruiting awesome and have a coaching staff with a winning record in the past is a def upgrade.

The o-line will be amazing & the running game improved. Our QB's have a long way to go from their spring performance. No experience at receiver, but a few very talented youngsters.

Defense will be improved, but from last years performance won't take much to improve...we will have a quality d-line, linebackers, and a more experienced secondary. Not much depth though.

Expect losses from: Oregon, UF, UA. Hoping for a chance at USCe, UGA, Barn

Expecting to win: Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, South Alabama, Missouri, Vandy & Kentucky

Trap game: Western Kentucky w/ Petrino coaching. Decent team will be highly motivated & UT will be thinking of the west coast trip the following week.

I like the uptempo offense...I believe these coaches won't tolerate second effort. This will pay off sometime down the road. I've said it before...it will be great for the SEC to have UT and the Barn back to high level programs.

Gentlemen start your engines! It's almost time for kick off.

Great thread.

RipperIII

Also a Vol fan, and love your enthusiasm...but #15? With trips to Oregon, then the swamp the following week, and of course the brutal SEC schedule. I predict a 6-6, maybe 7-5 record. I'm excited about the future and the way the program is headed, but we've got a ways to turn this ship around. Recruiting awesome and have a coaching staff with a winning record in the past is a def upgrade.

The o-line will be amazing & the running game improved. Our QB's have a long way to go from their spring performance. No experience at receiver, but a few very talented youngsters.

Defense will be improved, but from last years performance won't take much to improve...we will have a quality d-line, linebackers, and a more experienced secondary. Not much depth though.

Expect losses from: Oregon, UF, UA. Hoping for a chance at USCe, UGA, Barn

Expecting to win: Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, South Alabama, Missouri, Vandy & Kentucky

Trap game: Western Kentucky w/ Petrino coaching. Decent team will be highly motivated & UT will be thinking of the west coast trip the following week.

I like the uptempo offense...I believe these coaches won't tolerate second effort. This will pay off sometime down the road. I've said it before...it will be great for the SEC to have UT and the Barn back to high level programs.

Gentlemen start your engines! It's almost time for kick off.

Great thread.

I like what I've seen form your new coach,...and whether folks liked Dooley or not, he rebuilt the foundations of the program, you guys should be excited.

Rebel Yell

Banned
A) Top 10
B) Pros) 1.Talent, pure and simple
2. Experienced OLine
3. Improved deensive scheme

Cons) 1. Playing at Death Valley
2. Adjustment period for new coached
3. Rookie QB (could be great, will not be perfect)

C)Clemson
D)Duh Ewe
E)Pitt (too many unknowns, only other possible could have been NCState sandwiched between Clemson and Miami, but they will not be overlooked after the way we lost to them last year)
F)leadership from a RS Freshman at QB, could be Johnny Football part two.

bruiserbuckgrower

A) Top 10
B) Pros) 1.Talent, pure and simple
2. Experienced OLine
3. Improved deensive scheme

Cons) 1. Playing at Death Valley
2. Adjustment period for new coached
3. Rookie QB (could be great, will not be perfect)

C)Clemson
D)Duh Ewe
E)Pitt (too many unknowns, only other possible could have been NCState sandwiched between Clemson and Miami, but they will not be overlooked after the way we lost to them last year)
F)leadership from a RS Freshman at QB, could be Johnny Football part two.

I do think yalls new qb will show out seems to be the makings of a stud

Madsnooker

how about this:
A) predict your team's finish
B)list 3 pros' and 3 cons
C)your toughest divisional foe
D)your toughest cross divisional foe
E)possible "Trap" game
F)intangibles

1st in BIG and #2 after NC game if we play Bama or #1 if its anyone else.
Pros
1. Offense should be right up there with the best in the country. Multiple sources are saying the offensive line could be one of the best ever at OSU and that's saying a lot? Loaded at RB with or without Hyde. Receivers are substantially improved. And then you have Miller time. He was already unbelievable, and from what is being said about him as a leader, and his off season workouts, he could be off the charts this year (barring injury).
2. LB's and secondary should be great this year. Shazier is a beast and I predict when he leaves OSU it will be as the #1lb taken in the draft.
3. Meyer is on the sideline. All he does is win and win big!!!

Cons
1. Unproven dline. With Noah Spence, Adolphus Washington and Tommy Shutt, I have a feeling it may be a Pro by the end of the year? True Freshman Bosa might make an impact as well in the rotation?
2. Uncertainty surrounding Hyde and Roby?
3. Depth at QB. We have some great young talent, but its just that, young.

Toughest division Foe- I really have no idea this year with my guess that Wisky takes a step back?

Toughest Cross div foe- ttun, um, skunk weasels, anyway, the team brady choke coaches.

trap game- NW

Intangibles- I truly think OSU will play with a chip on their shoulders this year. I have already noticed how much they bring up no one respecting 12-0 from last year. Also lately, every time a player is interviewed they have been upset with the way Meyer is perceived by the media and what they write about him. They follow that up with how much they admire him and how much they want to play for him. Again, I just think great teams rise from adversity and OSU seems positioned for just that?:huh:

RipperIII

sounds about right Snooks, I'm reading a few articles about NW, i don't see it, but these guys think NW will be tough this season.

did not know the O-line was to be that good, that's always promising.

vowell462

Bama

A) #1 OR #2 I think they will go all the way again

B) Pros.... #1 Running backs. Absolutley stacked at that position which is vital in the SEC. #2 receivers. With Amari Cooper and Chris Black, and our offensive coordinator, the ball being thrown in the air will have some huge effects in big games. #3 AJ McCarron. A proven leader who stays hungry, and he will again his final season.
Cons....#1 Offensive Line. I don't think it will be as horrible as some are thinking, but it is questionable, especially when comparing to last years line up. But with Steen and the Kuandjio bros, we will be fine. #2 defense. I think the key there is CJ Mosely stepping up in a leadership roll. #3 The head game. Bama has had some great seasons lately. Just don't want them to have the mind set that since they are Bama, they are the best. You have to earn it with each team, each season. Last year is no more. Gotta stay hungry.

C) LSU....Rivalry....good offensive line...just a tough team.

D) Im gonna go with South Carolina. I give them a little edge over UGA
E) Ole Miss

F) Coaching and focus. Saban and staff are the best at keeping kids focused and driven. Some may make fun of the process, and the process Saban puts in place is pretty simplistic, but it works.

RipperIII

Bama

A) #1 OR #2 I think they will go all the way again

B) Pros.... #1 Running backs. Absolutley stacked at that position which is vital in the SEC. #2 receivers. With Amari Cooper and Chris Black, and our offensive coordinator, the ball being thrown in the air will have some huge effects in big games. #3 AJ McCarron. A proven leader who stays hungry, and he will again his final season.
Cons....#1 Offensive Line. I don't think it will be as horrible as some are thinking, but it is questionable, especially when comparing to last years line up. But with Steen and the Kuandjio bros, we will be fine. #2 defense. I think the key there is CJ Mosely stepping up in a leadership roll. #3 The head game. Bama has had some great seasons lately. Just don't want them to have the mind set that since they are Bama, they are the best. You have to earn it with each team, each season. Last year is no more. Gotta stay hungry.

C) LSU....Rivalry....good offensive line...just a tough team.

D) Im gonna go with South Carolina. I give them a little edge over UGA
E) Ole Miss

F) Coaching and focus. Saban and staff are the best at keeping kids focused and driven. Some may make fun of the process, and the process Saban puts in place is pretty simplistic, but it works.

as much as I like Barrett Jones, I think Kelly will be an improvement at center, especially from a physical standpoint, we will take a step back at RT and probably LG...but not too much, I think BAMA's O-line will be top 3 in the SEC or better, only UT and UGA seem to be better.
AJ had a few bad quarters last year, especially at the start of the games, LSU, A&M and UGA come to mind,...I don't think he goes through that again this year, so if he stays healthy, the offense will be special.:cool: