Keystone Rv

week 13

Never buy a Keystone Rv product. We own one that is well maintained and at 2.5 years old the roof is rotten. The camper stays under a cover except when we are camping and Keystone says I neglected the maintenance and it is my fault. If the camper was kept in a storage lot I would never complain but it stays at our house with a cover over it. I even have water and power ran to the camper so we can clean and maintain the camper. The roof of the barn is built 4' taller than most barns so I can clean and maintain the roof of the camper easier.Customer service said it would be my fault even if it rotted in under a year, that it is the responsibility of the customer to maintain the seals. I have posted a few pictures of how " neglected " our camper is. Tell everyone you know to stay away from any Keystone product. Check their website they make several brand names of campers.

Attachments

• IMAG0922.jpg
    IMAG0922.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,957
  • New image.jpg
    New image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,909
Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your dilemma.

By saying the roof is rotten what do you mean? The membrane itself or the seams have failed?

Did a service center look at the damage and contact the Keystone folks?

Show us some pictures so we can better understand.

week 13

You can not see it in pictures. The very back corner is very soft and feels like there is not any plywood left under it. I have contacted everyone at Camping World and Keystone Rv and neither company is willing to make it right. I talked to Keystone yesterday until the Manger of Customer relations hung up on me. She said I could Google corporate if I wanted but it would only redirect back to her number.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
You can not see it in pictures. The very back corner is very soft and feels like there is not any plywood left under it. I have contacted everyone at Camping World and Keystone Rv and neither company is willing to make it right. I talked to Keystone yesterday until the Manger of Customer relations hung up on me. She said I could Google corporate if I wanted but it would only redirect back to her number.

Are you saying the membrane hasn't failed but the decking under the membrane at one corner is soft or missing? That is strange indeed. :confused: That almost suggests problems before the roof membrane was even put on.

Is there any evidence of water infiltration inside at that corner? Staining, etc. ?

week 13

There was not any staining or damage inside the camper the last time I saw it on January 30 when it went to Camping World in Woodstock. You can tell the last sheet of plywood is swollen under the membrane.

week 13

Keystone rv manufacturers 27 different name brands of campers. You can check their website for all the different brands.

T-N-T

Holy smokes.

Is it possible your AC is draining its condensation to this area?

week 13

It depends on how level the camper is as to which way the water runs from the ac units. 1/2" one way or the other, it can run off all 4 corners. Any scenario you can dream up it is the consumers fault. I was told this many times by Keystone.

T-N-T

Well I dont doubt it was your fault. These companies know what they are talking about...::ke:

I dont know man, all I know is that RV roofs leak. But I would expect it to take more than 2 years. I bet I check mine more often now.

Sorry for your new problem.

P.S. I hate Camping World.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I had a new roof membrane put on my 2006 Outback (Keystone) last fall. The owner at Apalachee RV told me to drive it in every 6 months or so for a free once over by the staff to see if it needs any attention.

I guess that was good advice based on your experience.

pop pop jones

Apalachee RV, this is the best shop in the state, they finally got my rv running, after 6 years of putting up with computer problems. Side note, didn't hurt my feelings one bit when John Belkey went out of business.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Ive always hadgood luck with Keystone, but have never respected Camper World as a reputable service center.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Ive always hadgood luck with Keystone, but have never respected Camper World as a reputable service center.

Well look who the cats dragged in................ good to see you posting Ronnie. :clap:

KrisD

Have you been able to get this fixed? I Know Camping World has Horrible Service and i have had many people complain to me about them. Even days after purchasing a RV they wont fix it!

week 13

It was repaired, not the way we discussed it. I paid them and took my camper before they called the police. I will never be back or ever recommend them to anyone. They had it for 3 months and patched a spot less than a foot.

Greene728

I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate luck man, that sucks! I too have never heard good things regarding Camping World. Course I know that doesn't help you one bit now. And it sure appears that thing is terribly neglected! Mine sits under a barn nearly identical to yours. Best of luck and thanks for the info on Keystone.

rockinwrangler

Based on the opinions here regarding Camping World, which RV center do you guys recommend?? Just curious.. Looking for 5th wheel now..

KrisD

If you ever need any repairs man COme my way. I run a RV service Center in Dawsonville. Will gladly help you.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Based on the opinions here regarding Camping World, which RV center do you guys recommend?? Just curious.. Looking for 5th wheel now..

I think most of those posting say CW is not the place to go for service. Sales is a different thing sorta like any automotive dealer.
I bought from CW but haven't taken mine back there for any reason. Not because of bad reviews, simply it is much further away than Apalachee RV who came highly recommended.

Best deal pricewise on a used unit is going to be from an individual. But if you want to buy a warranty with it you may need to purchase from a dealer.

Latest posts