Dinks at Cedar Creek

GaDawg213

Anybody catching any size at Cedar Creek in Gainesville? Keep catching 12’ and smaller and can’t seem to find any bigger ones.

I got the one attached there earlier this year. Def quite a few drinks in there though, I can't get over how clear that water is

Attachments

• IMG_20180406_225204_892.jpg
    IMG_20180406_225204_892.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 56

j_seph

I must have lost my fishing touch, I went Sunday afternoon threw a pumpkinseed worm, and a watermelon pumpkin seed. Tried Texas and Carolina rig, even tried no weight and all I could manage was grass and more grass. First time in a Kayak and needless to say was a very disappointing trip a far as the catching went without a bite. Enjoyed the peace though for sure

Coenen

Anybody catching any size at Cedar Creek in Gainesville? Keep catching 12’ and smaller and can’t seem to find any bigger ones.
There may not be very many to begin with. The bass populations in a lot of the N. GA reservoirs get stunted very easily. That makes for a big population of small fish with just the occasional large fish mixed in.

My PB came out of a North Georgia watershed lake where I've caught hundreds of bass, and I don't think any 10 of them would've added up to that 1 giant.

GaDawg213

I must have lost my fishing touch, I went Sunday afternoon threw a pumpkinseed worm, and a watermelon pumpkin seed. Tried Texas and Carolina rig, even tried no weight and all I could manage was grass and more grass. First time in a Kayak and needless to say was a very disappointing trip a far as the catching went without a bite. Enjoyed the peace though for sure
That sucks! I managed to catch 8 lbs with 5 fish and win a little tourney. Caught mine on a light shaky head. It stays on top of the grass for the most part. Use a finesse worm too.

Tmpr111

I wasn’t a believer, but it’s well documented on here over the years that I am now — big bass often prefer one snack, and maybe a different snack, but preferably not a snack-size snack :) . When I find I’m only catching a lot of dinks in a specific area, there are places where that’s all that’s there (many variables of course too, as eluded to above with certain areas and bodies of water). However try something completely out of the box (no pun), a gigantic swimbait, or a ridiculously sized worm. They're most likely not that big to the bass’s eye and appetite!

I also think many of these public places we fish are so burned out on the same tactics. Which makes catching a Giant in a community hole that much more rewarding, to me. Note, I’ve caught double-digit bass on a 6” zoom lizard and frogs too, but that’s not the point here.

j_seph

Managed to finnaly snatch a poundish LM on a weightless crawfish. Even tried throwing crappie jigs to get anything to bit and notta. Was very dissapointed to get there at daylight in hopes of some surface activity and notta.