What would you do with these?

Nugefan

Blacken em ....on the grill

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
F2A602B2-9784-459E-835E-A247C7393B0C.jpegThis is how I did mine a few weeks ago . Cut throat, lake and a brown

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Tinfoil boats cover them with butter onions and lemon on the grill until the skin is crusty and then make a pig of myself with some ice cold beers on the side.....
But for the beers, I agree with this.

Artfuldodger

Wait, cut the head off? Of trout? I remember the first time we went to Andy's Trout Farm to eat trout. My sister who was about 9 or 10 kept asking why the fish on her plate still had it's head and eyes.

I'd probably remove the head if I was going to deep fry them. Smoked trout are good but panfried in butter with lemon would be my choice. That's the way I like my flounder as well.

I've suddenly got a craving for smoked fish dip.

Patriot44

Banned
I ain't eatin nada that is looking at me while I eat. My only other rule is that I do NOT eat anything that can taste me back.

Fry them suckas!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Whether to cut the heads off the fish you eat or not must be a regional thing.

We caught the one's above on a boat with a guide in Wyoming. I had never heard this before but when he was giving us our fish he said that he was not allowed to cut the heads off, only gut them. I was fine with it but my wife wasn't crazy about them staring at her on the table...I should of asked the guide the reason

bassboy1

We caught the one's above on a boat with a guide in Wyoming. I had never heard this before but when he was giving us our fish he said that he was not allowed to cut the heads off, only gut them. I was fine with it but my wife wasn't crazy about them staring at her on the table...I should of asked the guide the reason
Probably has to do with being able to measure them. Florida regs for a lot of fish (but not all species) require heads and tails to be on, and meat intact until you get back in. You are allowed to gut most species.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Whether to cut the heads off the fish you eat or not must be a regional thing.
We cut the heads off everything else except trout here. Catfish, bream, bass, crappie, whatever get the heads chopped off. They stay on trout. Just the way it's always been done? I think it's more the cleaning process. And a lot of folks like to eat the heads on those little ones. I'll cut the head off a bigger one if it won't fit in the pan.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Looking forward to seeing how you did ‘em up, JL.
I failed you guys... Got up in a rush and ended up rubbing them down in pesto and baking them... No pics... Sorry, I completely forgot! They were really good and like Nchillbilly said...taste like salmon!

Reactions: Dub