Favorite spot to deer hunt

Josh B

My favorite spot would be where I killed my first 2 deer 27 years ago. We had property in Putnam county for over 10 years that I grew. up hunting in. I would love to go back but property was sold. I did have a stand on a Talbot club that I was guaranteed to get a shooter buck every year. But it got clear cut.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Nice looking spot, Jimmypop. From the looks of it, you don't need to go anywhere else.

bradleyjanes06

Love this spot. Deep Creek in a hardwood bottom. First light the wood ducks fly down the creek to the swamp 200yards down the creek. Never any big bucks but have taken several nice does out of it.
FB_IMG_1494986608317.jpg

I'm sure everyone has a favorite place to deer hunt. Here's mine. It's the only place I've hunted in the past 15 years. Too old now (76) to go anywhere else.
That's a nice stand and place. You sit there enough hours during the rut and can look at every buck in the county from that powerline.

Buckstop

Love that set-up Jimmypop. Thats right up my alley. I like to see away's. I'd much rather sit where I can see dozens of trails at once, than sit in tight woods looking at one or two trails.

swamp hunter

Dang I ain't never been able to see much past 100 yards in any of my stands.
But I am a Swamp Hunter , got Wood ducks around my stands most every morning...Cotton mouths too. Makes it interesting

Jimmypop

Thanks....I've gotten 3 or 4 all of the past 15 years. I process my own and we eat every one. Fact is we're out now.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Thanks. I've been lucky. Go you silver britches was our yell while Tarkenton was strolling the backfield in the early 60's.
Yes, sir, that's why I chose that for my user name. I am a big Dawg fan. I can't remember his name, but I met an older gentleman several years ago who played with Tarkenton. They won the 1959 SEC championship together, and he showed me his large SEC championship ring. That thing was impressive!

Here's a view of one of my favorite spots, a white oak hill.
FavSpot (2).jpg
FavSpot(3).JPG

This shot is looking out of my elevated box blind. 18 months ago, this was all pines. Just inside that treeline is a large creek. I plant a 16 foot wide strip of corn straight out from the blind to the far treeline with peas,beans, and sunflowers on ones side, and a clover mix on the other, outlined with a "bird mix" for the quail and fox squirrels. There's just something special about trying to tame a new piece of ground and make it optimal critter habitat.
tract (640 x 335).jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like to hunt fields or open places much. I like hardwood ridges and edges. That spot in Silverbritches' post looks just about right.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I plum enjoy this spot..

Attachments

• IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 49

frankwright

I like hardwood ridges, creek bottoms and deer trails.
I have killed deer on power line right of ways but I find it incredibly boring, not much to look at.