Don't look

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
As long as they ain`t "coon oysters" you`ll be fine.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would eat up that whole baker's dozen of no-R oysters in about ten seconds. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As long as they ain`t "coon oysters" you`ll be fine.
What's a coon oyster? Apologies, I live 300 miles from saltwater. Are you talking about those lil narrow-shelled oysters that grow in big clumps up and down all the tidal creeks and on all the riprap and bridge pilings and are out of the water at low tide?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What's a coon oyster? Apologies, I live 300 miles from saltwater. Are you talking about those lil narrow-shelled oysters that grow in big clumps up and down all the tidal creeks and on all the riprap and bridge pilings and are out of the water at low tide?

Coon oysters are those that are exposed above water at low tide. You don`t want to eat those, especially in the summer months. Back in the renegade days, I`d only go at low tide during the summer, and gather those still under water. An old Cracker taught me that trick. Along with a few others. ;)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Coon oysters are those that are exposed above water at low tide. You don`t want to eat those, especially in the summer months. Back in the renegade days, I`d only go at low tide during the summer, and gather those still under water. An old Cracker taught me that trick. Along with a few others. ;)
Thanks, that's what I figured, just wasn't sure. :cheers:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
More than once I`d put my boat in the Intracoastal waterway with a rake, sody crackers, bottle of hot sauce, beer, and go "fishing".

Those really were the good ol` days.

Reactions: Dub

Lukikus2

More than once I`d put my boat in the Intracoastal waterway with a rake, sody crackers, bottle of hot sauce, beer, and go "fishing".

Those really were the good ol` days.

Never did that, always wanted to. I was probably spotlighting rabbits in that era :rofl:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man!!!!!!!!!!!! You said don't look, but I did!!!!!!!!!! Now I am hongry again!!!!!!!

pikehunter

Man! both look great to me. I do wish I hadn't looked..:LOL:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Oyster farmers in Scotland have perfected a way to treat non-R months with UV light for 48 hours to make them safe to eat.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I'm just gonna stay right here and keep looking at those beautiful pictures.