Sunday eaten'.....what's simmering 'round yer way ? Also, cast iron suggestions appreciated, too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Firing up the........stove.

Yup....indoors eats tonight.....no coals harmed.

Walking the tightrope live without a wire. Indoors & doing a first-time dish.....that my wife declared one of her "favorite-ist" eats from her childhood. Said her mom made it really good.

Sounds like it was a near weekly staple for them.

The versions I had weren't enjoyed by this dude. Thought it was bland....and gross looking.

We'll see.

I've hit enough homerun meals with my bride that I'm now bold enough to challenge some of her "favorite-ist" meals. :)

It may be an epic fail.....we will see. If nothing else, my dogs will eat well. :rofl:

Shicken has been soaking up some curry, roostershire, soy sauce, S&P and other goodness for two days in the fridge.

Chicken & Pastry.

Everyone in the pot and the lid on.

I'm interested to see how this turns out, uncharted territory and adventure! Props for the attempt!

I'm not much of a meat boiler, but most Mexican restaurant meat is boiled, and it tastes pretty durn good.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
YHFP started us off with a good brunch:

breakfast3.jpg

Now, I've been prepping for my hibachi.

Rice cooked and cooling in the fridge:

rice.jpg

White/shrimp/yumyum sauce made up and resting:

yumyum.jpg

Ginger sauce made and resting:

gingersauce.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got my first big shiitake today from the last set of mushroom logs I inoculated last year! It's going in with the veggies tonight.

veggies3.jpg

VANCE

smoked some boudain for fun today
2v2JFgZLMxurAoi.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good Lawd, that's all looking good! Those ribs look perfect!

Dub

Ya'll will have to trust me when I say that I taste tested this stuff the entire cook.

The marinade came through bigtime....curry & oregano showed up on the plate.

Made some insurance sides.....in case the chicken & pasty was horrid.

Doesn't look like much, but my bride was mighty happy with this bowl of vittles.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I've seen several articles and reviews over the past year about small foundries making quality cast iron skillets. They aren't cheap but there aren't that many indestructible family heirlooms that can go from generation to generation with a minimum amount of care and daily use. I use my great grandmother's "no name" skillet weekly and have a smaller skillet that my wife bought in college. The most frequent complaint I hear about Lodge is rough cooking surface. I have a Lodge Dutch Oven that I use on stove top for one pot meals and I have no complaints. Youtube has a trove of "how to" videos on remedying rough surfaces.

Reactions: Dub

GA1dad

What a great thread!!!! Boudin, ribs, hibachi, steaks,,, oh my, oh my!!!! You done good Dub,, regardless of what that chicken tasted like,,, it's your lady's happiness that matters!!!

My steak turned out tasty as well. Another Paymaster marinade success story!!

20180819_175337.jpg