Winchester SX3 or SX4

Balrog

I am trying to get a gas operated semiautomatic shotgun for a daughter who is about 5'1 and weighs 95 pounds. Length of pull is her main issue. She needs a LOP of about 13" and most guns are about 14".

Winchester SX3 and SX4 has a compact variant with a 13" LOP. I have no experience with Winchester semi auto shotguns.

Does anyone shoot an SX3 or SX4? Anything I need to know about it? How does the recoil compare to a Remington 1100 or Beretta semi auto?

She has been shooting a Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge. She wants to move up to a 12 gauge, so I would be looking at the SX3 or 4 in 12 gauge. She has also shot a Remington 1100 in 12 gauge. She doesn't have a problem with the recoil, just the length of pull.

My wife has the SX3. Its too short for almost any man but fits her good. Pretty good kick to it with 3" turkey loads though.

Im a big fan of all of the SX2 SX3 and SX4 guns.

BGH, BSH, Maxus

they are all internally the same type of system.

Robert28

The SX3 and SX4 are supposedly the fastest sycling semi-auto shotguns on the market. Or the were. I think they are comparable to the Browning Silvers, but don't hold me to that.

Darkhorse

The SX3 and the Browning Maxus are basically the same gun. The same parent company owns both Winchester and Browning and I think the parts are made in Belgium and assembled in Spain.
I bought my Maxus 5+ years ago and I did my research back then so things may have changed some since.
A feature I really like is by using shims, the guns can be fit to the shooter. Not as good as a custom fit stock but it worked good for me.
Recoil is moderate, even with 3 1/2" turkey loads it's not painful to me.
I'm happy with mine.

JHannah92

I've been very pleased with my sx3. Reliable, easy to disassemble and clean, has handled every shell I've put through it from turkey loads to cheap dove loads.